Way to know if someone's using BLHack.dll

Author Topic: Way to know if someone's using BLHack.dll  (Read 2937 times)

Would it be possible to have a code that can tell if players on your server are using BLHack.dll?

There are hacky ways of doing this i bet, but Blockland being the way it is, there would be so many false positives when vehicles go out of whack etc.

Realistically, no. You could check to see if someones standing still in the air, but then any time anyone lags they'll get kicked/banned for "using BLHack." You could detect if someone is running faster than they're supposed to be, but that'd be a lot of work to get it accurate. Other things like the wallhack feature are undetectable serverside.

You guys are forgetting BLHack does other things too, like Speedhack and the rumored client killer.

A way to detect a user and kick/ban would be very helpful considering some commands can crash servers.
Also can't you use the code for something like anti_funky addon, though I doubt it would work considering it just checks for the avatar being changed every couple of seconds.

You guys are forgetting BLHack does other things too, like Speedhack and the rumored client killer.
Those are in the new version, which was not publicly distributed and only 5 or 6 people have. And if by "client killer" you mean "server crasher" then yes.

There is, unfortunately, no way to detect the speedhack since there are a multitude of ways to legitimately travel much faster than normal. The server crasher doesn't have a way of detecting who did it either without injecting some sort of detection dll to trace packets back to an IP address.

doesn't have a way of detecting who did it either without injecting some sort of detection dll to trace packets back to an IP address.
I wonder if someone will ever make a dll to detect hackers like you say, and I also wonder what the BL authorities' stance would be on the use of that dll. Hopefully people wouldn't be revoked for using it.

I wonder if someone will ever make a dll to detect hackers like you say, and I also wonder what the BL authorities' stance would be on the use of that dll. Hopefully people wouldn't be revoked for using it.

Someone told me that using any dll injection is bad as far as someone was concerned. Even dlls to extend the functionality of torquescript, or unlock new possibilities for modders.

Someone told me that using any dll injection is bad as far as someone was concerned. Even dlls to extend the functionality of torquescript, or unlock new possibilities for modders.
That's really stupid in my opinion. As long it's got good intentions, like expanding on the features of the game or patching game-breaking bugs I don't see why it's a bad thing.

If you write the DLL yourself or have enough knowledge to check it with it being for a good purpose, there really shouldn't be any concerns. DLL-s can be much more destructive than add-ons as well, which is why the zero tolerance policy is a good thing in my opinion.

Counter hack the hackers!

Ask Cca he made a post about it

Ask Cca he made a post about it
You should have included a link to it in your post Google Glass.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=270274.0

There is a hacky way to find out if a player is using a hack float.
Aimbot is pretty much impossible to figure out unless you test them manually.
Speed hack might be possible, but it would take a lot of consuming time to figure it out, but it might still be inaccurate.