Blockland's signs of death? What makes this game so special?

Author Topic: Blockland's signs of death? What makes this game so special?  (Read 11355 times)

I'm hoping at some point Badspot will start implenting some community made add-ons and stuff just so people can be happy about "updates"

anyways, I'm hoping to buy a VPS and host a bunch of fun and creative servers on it.
If he does that, all people will do is bitch and complain about how addons are being stolen, and how his originality is low for only adding community created stuff.

Let face it, the masses want high quality original content now, and these threads complaining about how we donthave it are going to keep popping up until we do.

Blockland and player counts have been the same for years anyways, I don't see why people are complaining. It's getting to be the long depressing grind we call winter and people just don't have the time to be on blockland like they do during the spring and summer. Yet every winter these topics complaining about blockland dying pop up. Lower your expectations and enjoy the game.

Well, I still got my hopes that the "Hat" update will show up anytime sooner or later, but they should atleast reply the community giving more information and actually show that they're doing something to take so long, I just hope it's that Linux thing delaying the update, that can be a good excuse.

it makes me really sad to see how badly blockland has changed, i love the game but just so many bad things are happening/have happened. the community makes the game look bad, so people have bad opinions on the game and the developers staying quiet about this update they are apparently making. it's just so depressing. i love the game and it has been reduced to a steaming pile of poo. i hate that this has happened.

Pretty much the same for me. I can still milk some enjoyment out of Blockland every once and a while, but I'm having nowhere near as much fun as I did last year (just being truthful, not blatantly dissing the game). This isn't anything to do with maps being gone, low player counts, or boring servers, before someone mentions those.

Outstanding issues:

Badspot doesn't care about the game. I'm aware (or assuming) that he has a life outside a computer, and don't expect him to be making updates or being thoroughly involved in anything, but he is seriously not updating the game at all (or at least not in helpful ways) and is not communicating his plans or WIPs. He only gets online to sort through drama and eliminate idiots, and then leaves and repeats. He has said before that Blockland is his game that racks the most income and I'm oblivious to other games he has produced, so I'm assuming Blockland is still the top game on his shelf.

Secondly, the game is under constant attack due to having low protection. Any kid who had a spat with anybody can just shut down the game or forums with little work needed.

I'm completely willing and definitely will continue playing the game whenever I can, but I'm just stating that I'm also not okay with the current way that things are going.

OP, you are going to get banned.
Seriously. Quit loving saying blockland is dying. It's not loving dying. Badspot even has a thread linking to all the countless "blockland is dying" topics and there are several per year, and yet Blockland never dies. Tbh, I think the amount of "dying" threads reflects how ALIVE blockland is: more dying threads, BL is living good, less, it's at a low. It just means more people are on, therefore more idiots too.

BL is living good, less, it's at a low.
It's not at a low. If anything it's more active than it's ever been.

Try finding a good server when there's only 90 people playing at noon, and only 2 of them have an even considerable amount of people in them. That's what it was like on weekends when I bought that game, and that was 7 years ago.

Majority of the reason the servers are empty are because Two or three top server bypassing the server limit of 32 players.

You see servers with up to 60 or 90 people and then there is 100+ during New Years Servers.
Other than that, its because lots of people are busy with life and don't have much time to play like before.

Blockland is not Dying, its just a temporary drought of players. During December the amount will start to grow massively and then drop in January again, its completely normal.

I can host my death race if blockland wanted it at all, I would be on like once a weekend though

these threads get exaggerated so much it sounds so cheesy lol. i don't know op, maybe try contributing to the game instead of complaining.

It's just because school is in session. I've barley been playing because of school, otherwise Blockland is the only thing I do in the summer.

The game is fine. The community is more or less the same, if not bigger. People that are more active in the community might have low morale for the lack of updates, but this is the same base game that it was the last 'major update'. I already made an entire topic to talk about this, but I'll say it here more briefly: we still have a lack of new, complete, and distributed content from the community as we always have had. The reason why Blockland has consistently seemed dead is because it's never been extremely alive. We have a (relatively) small active user base, and we also have the means to easily expand that user base tremendously if we can put out a good name for ourselves. Getting attention hasn't been enough; we need more for people to direct their attention to. And no matter how much you want to believe it, the devs cannot provide that on their own. That's simply out of their scope. Their role is to provide the tools to facilitate creation, and it's difficult to refute that they have. We just need more people using them, or more accurately, more people willing to use them to the fullest extent they are able.

I went on longer than I expected to, my apologies.

all that bs reading just to promote his youtube channel.

yawn

Badspot

• Administrator
I thought about not engaging this thread, but outpact is kind of a scumbag.  Previous accounts were banned for art theft.

I thought about not engaging this thread, but outpact is kind of a scumbag.  Previous accounts were banned for art theft.
thank you

Well atleast we fulfilled our "BL is dead" thread quota for the year