Author Topic: Radiation Mod  (Read 1496 times)

I was thinking this could be a mutliple addon thing.

Including Bricks, Tools, and Server scripts.

Tools would be

Geiger counter- Counts the amount of Alpha, Beta, and Gamma particles in the air near you. Uses a basic easy to read display at the bottom of your screen that says Alpha: 1-100%, Beta: 1-100%, Gamma: 1-100%. 1-15 would display as a blue text, 16-30 would display green, 31-45 would be yellow, 46-60 would be red, and 61-100 would be pink.

It would also show a display of already 15 gamma in light, and 1-15 beta and alpha anywhere else.
Explosions would give off +5 alpha, beta, and +6 gamma depending on the size, and fire would give off +2 alpha and beta, and +3 Gamma.

Bricks would be

Reactor Debris 1x1f, - Gives off 14+ Alpha and beta, and 24+ Gamma.
Reactor Debris 2x2f, - Gives off 17+ Alpha and beta, and 32+ Gamma.
Reactor Debris 1x1, - Gives off 21+ Alpha and Beta, and 43+ Gamma.
Reactor Debris 2x2, - Gives off 26+ Alpha and Beta, and 50+ Gamma.
Anti-Rad basic bricks - Blocks any and all Radiation
Anti-Rad Cubes      -      ^
Anti-Rad Zones      -     ^
Rad Zones - Gives off 5 alpha, beta, and gamma inside the zone only

Server scripts would be

RTB - Preffs

Disable/Enable
Minigame only
None Admin only
Kills at 110+

Blockables - Bricks

Beta emitters get blocked by any and all bricks/Static shapes (vehicles)/Moving vehicles ect.
Alpha emitters get blocked by any bricks, or Antibricks/zones, only
Gamma emitters get blocked by Antibricks/zones, Cubes, or Modter only, absorbed +6 by anything else.

Iv made my point for this, add as you wish.

looks really complex

wasn't there a heat mod a while back that did something like this but in reverse

wasn't there a heat mod a while back that did something like this but in reverse
Kinda but it had heat gain and loss.  With radiation poisoning, it's not as easy as just making it go away.

Also I think this should be beasured in rems rather than an arbitrary 0-100%.  Percentages don't really indicate anything.

Kinda but it had heat gain and loss.  With radiation poisoning, it's not as easy as just making it go away.

Also I think this should be beasured in rems rather than an arbitrary 0-100%.  Percentages don't really indicate anything.

I was thinking percentage because it would make it more simple for the unexperienced
user.  Anything is ok tho.

Just make the text change color?  Seriously though a percentage would mean literally nothing.  It would be best that if you want a complex mod, you make it realistic.

you can do this with events can't you

okay hold on
why would a rocket explosion irradiate you
or fire for that matter

ICBMs?  Also heat refers to radiation.  Pockets of radiation can be referred to as "hot zones," or "radioactively hot."

ICBMs?  Also heat refers to radiation.  Pockets of radiation can be referred to as "hot zones," or "radioactively hot."
I assumed he meant regular explosions (Rocket L) and fire.

I assumed he meant regular explosions (Rocket L) and fire.
Scenario 1.
*creates FireA emitter*
*rapidly getting radiation poisoning*
"wait what the fu-"
*dies*

Scenario 2.
*rocket explodes close-by*
*gets stage 4 brain cancer*
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:23:39 AM by SWAT One »

Also, I think the radiation cap should be one number, rather than one for each type. The three types are still separate, but they affect the same value (but differently.) This is because α, β, and γ radiation all do the same thing to your body with the same symptoms, but at different rates and some are easier to block. I personally would prefer rems (or rads, which is technically a separate measurement but for our purposes we can use it the same way) instead of a percentage. A percentage is just a meaningless, arbitrary number. Rems/rads have a known dangerous dose level that we could calibrate against.

Scenario 1.
*creates FireA emitter*
*rapidly getting radiation poisoning*
"wait what the fu-"
*dies*

Scenario 2.
*rocket explodes close-by*
*gets stage 4 brain cancer*

Lol