New and Improved VCE

Author Topic: New and Improved VCE  (Read 3356 times)

New and Improved Variable Condition Events.

We need a new true replacement to VCE that isn't buggy or "Coded Poorly"

I don't really know what else to say, but relying on the currently available VCE is not a good idea.
Things break often, there where many functions that could of been shortened instead of being turned into a giant wall of events.

I know I forgot something else, but I think it was some game breaking bug that also never got fixed.

Name Suggestions to differ from the existing VCE and to avoid possible confusion ect.
  • VES - Variable Event System (Simple Straight to the Point)
  • SES - Scripted Event System (I know their not really scripts but I liked the idea.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:51:07 PM by ZERØ »

quote on quote
It's actually "quote-unquote". You don't really use it when writing because you can just put " ". It's more said than written.

A new expression events mod was being made. It was in early beta and still already showed a lot of promise the last time i saw it.

A new expression events mod was being made. It was in early beta and still already showed a lot of promise the last time i saw it.

Does it use textual parameters?

It's actually "quote-unquote". You don't really use it when writing because you can just put " ". It's more said than written.
Hey I'm not the best at using figures of speech, but  I fixed it anyways.

It got canceled didn't it?

Does it use textual parameters?
I think it did, it had huge potential.

Maybe because I'm an old fart and everything, but I prefer the old VCE and I hope that the new VCE is at least intuitive enough.

Maybe because I'm an old fart and everything, but I prefer the old VCE and I hope that the new VCE is at least intuitive enough.

My hopes exactly.
I don't care if the option list is 2 miles long, Id rather not have to type stuff out.

how can you prefer one... if you've never used the new one....?? I don't even see any evidence that it actually exists

I'd really like to see the old one fixed rather than a new one.

I'd really like to see the old one fixed rather than a new one.
The old one had flaws in it though, most of the reasons people want the old one fixed is because they are too lazy to update their events also, I really hope this isn't the case many of you guys want the old one fixed.

If anything the new one should offer Legacy Support for old VCE events so that they don't break instantly.

The old one had flaws in it though, most of the reasons people want the old one fixed is because they are too lazy to update their events also, I really hope this isn't the case many of you guys want the old one fixed.

If anything the new one should offer Legacy Support for old VCE events so that they don't break instantly.

It's not really about new-old compatibility but I got used to all the functions it offers and how the variable stuffs work. Break the old ones for what I care, but make it work the same in essence.

Anyone have old vce verison 10 or above. I need it. please thank you.

Anyone have old vce verison 10 or above. I need it. please thank you.
I think the highest version VCE ever got to was 6.12.

It's not really about new-old compatibility but I got used to all the functions it offers and how the variable stuffs work. Break the old ones for what I care, but make it work the same in essence.
I thought the same when Spaceguys Wrench Events got overruled by the current event system.
I hated this new system, but looking at it now makes me realize the new system is 1000 times better.
So don't be too dismissive if the new VCE works differently, it might be better then you expected.

All I want the new system to have is the ability to change other peoples variables.
Like how VCE worked before the update where every brick owner has it own subsystem of variables.

I know it was to prevent people from "hacking" your game by giving themselves gold or something.
But the gamemode which used VCE to it's fullest potential were gamemode where the regular player didn't have the ability to build, let alone access a wrench.

It made making huge RPGs hard to do in group as every time you evented a brick, you had to change the owner to the host in order for it to work.

are there any problems with VCE? i haven't really found any.
if there are problems, i would like to hear of them so i know what to look out for