Author Topic: FPS with a GTX 760  (Read 2286 times)

as long as the FPS is above 30, you wont notice it
the human eye doesn't notice anything above 30 FPSif you are looking at many bricks, the GPU has to render that, so i think that's false
Myelinated nerves can fire between 300 to 1000 times per second in the human body and transmit information at 200 miles per hour. What matters here is how frequently these nerves can fire (or "send messages").

The nerves in your eye are not exempt from this limit. Your eyes can physiologically transmit data that quickly and your eyes/brain working together can interpret up to 1000 frames per second.

However, we know from experimenting (as well as simple anecdotal experience) that there is a diminishing return in what frames per second people are able to identify. Although the human eye and brain can interpret up to 1000 frames per second, someone sitting in a chair and actively guessing at how high a framerate is can, on average, interpet up to about 150 frames per second.

Resources to save myself pain in the future (in addition to citing myself for taking so much biology in college):
1)http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html
2)http://amo.net/nt/05-24-01FPS.html
3)http://www.ualberta.ca/~chrisw/howfast.html
4)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

GTX 760 @ 1.2GHZ 2GB and I never experience any lag. AND I'm hackintosh, so I'm running osx
at the same time, that means no shaders. loving osx...

as long as the FPS is above 30, you wont notice it
the human eye doesn't notice anything above 30 FPS

http://30vs60.com/

GTX 760 @ 1.2GHZ 2GB and I never experience any lag. AND I'm hackintosh, so I'm running osx

GTX 275 @ whatever GHZ and I never experienced any lag, unless I use high or max shaders. I might go grab a GTX 760 or even better near black Friday or Christmas if the prices drop.

Besides your fault for using OSX, of course you don't bloody experience lag on a 760 without shaders.
Meanwhile,
I get approx. 30 FPS on Sylvanor's Seattle City (Pretty much max brickcount) on a 2GB version. After checking benchmarking, it seems that the GPU uses 100% video memory. You might have even better results if you get the GTX 760 4GB edition. This is actually the case in many games I have tried it on.

Besides your fault for using OSX, of course you don't bloody experience lag on a 760 without shaders.
Meanwhile,
I get approx. 30 FPS on Sylvanor's Seattle City (Pretty much max brickcount) on a 2GB version. After checking benchmarking, it seems that the GPU uses 100% video memory. You might have even better results if you get the GTX 760 4GB edition. This is actually the case in many games I have tried it on.
I get like 20, but that's probably because my processor isn't so great, I have a 770 2gb.

Blockland brickcount and Shaders are more CPU intense than GPU.
No it's not

No it's not
i used to have an integrated pentium D in my computer with the gtx 275 and still got a decent 60ish fps on servers with high brickcount such as Pecon's or Zix's(sorta). Then recently I swapped it out for an i7-4790 8core, and the fps increased to the 200-300 range on those servs. Unfortunately I cant access my computer right now, so I cant test it on Sylvanor's Seattle City like LeetZero did.

i used to have an integrated pentium D in my computer with the gtx 275 and still got a decent 60ish fps on servers with high brickcount such as Pecon's or Zix's(sorta). Then recently I swapped it out for an i7-4790 8core, and the fps increased to the 200-300 range on those servs. Unfortunately I cant access my computer right now, so I cant test it on Sylvanor's Seattle City like LeetZero did.
That's called bottlenecking and is going to happen with any game
When I upgraded from an phenom 2 965 to an i7 4770, I could bump BF4 settings from medium to ultra.
The CPU is important, but it's not more important

i7-4790 8core
There is no such thing
the i7s support hyperthreading, which give 2 threads per core, this isn't the same as 8 cores

i have an intel and i can't see shadows :(

i have an intel and i can't see shadows :(
Well, you don't have a dedicated graphics card at all. The Intel HD Graphics is just a nicer way to make it so that your computer doesn't NEED a graphics card, but if you're going to play games, you should invest in a graphics card.

i used to have a gtx 770 2gb and i was able to run everything at max (soft shaders). it started to lag only with builds with more than 120k using a lot of add ons. (i went back to max normal shaders). i had like 40-60fps. i now use a gtx titan 6gb and i have 250fps all times (more than 600 on my two cities, cause defaults bricks only) and i play with soft shaders ultra all time now (i disable to build).

i also recommand you to check with Utopia City, its better than BlockoSeatte ☑
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:30:40 PM by Sylvanor »

I have an ATI x300 and I get 200FPS with mini USA map.
100FPS with my Town RP map.
and 60FPS with most big city maps.

Recording, I usually get 70FPS depending on the map, and using Bandicam.

I have an AMD FX-4130 @ 3.8 GHz and an overclocked R9 270 and 8 gigs of RAM and I get eh performance. I can't run Zix's randomizer at 60 fps with shaders on. :(

I hope when I upgrade to an i5 I see a decent bump in performance.