DreamFall crashing servers

Author Topic: DreamFall crashing servers  (Read 2211 times)

I have been playing multiple servers with lots of players, and whenever a user called "Dreamfall" connects, it give the server a connection requests, then crashes it. I left to go and play on my friend, Vulsilthurs server, and at first when we were crashed we thought it was a connection error. Then when it happened again, Vuls checked his console to find connection requests from Dreamfall. He told me this person was crashing our servers before he even spawned. When we hosted again, we seemed to get the same connector and ended up being crashed. I would post my console, but my blockland crashed, and Vulsilthur only had time to see Dreamfall connecting through console before his crashed. We are trying to warn servers about this crasher.

We tried getting his BL_ID but couldnt find it, as he hadnt spawned.

/discuss

Edit: This might be the alt of Treatmos or Bloxxers?

I was on Glass's Fort Wars, and then on Vulsilthur's WIP Fort Wars thing and DreamFall connected to both of those servers and in seconds both of those servers crashed.

Is this a coincidence? I think not  :cookieMonster:

I was on Vulsilthurs server when it crashed once, so I think this person is actually a server crasher...

My server crashed like 3 times, I can't remember a dreamfall joining tough.

My server crashed like 3 times, I can't remember a dreamfall joining tough.
I'm sure it's because it shows him joining in console, Paint said?

I'm not sure though, that just might be an ordinary crash.

I'm sure it's because it shows him joining in console, Paint said?

I'm not sure though, that just might be an ordinary crash.
Just when 'dreamfall' decided to go arround crashing server
Coincidence? I don't think so.

DreamFall sounds like an alt. What we need is an IP of the user. You can then take that IP and match it up to various logs that server hosts have.

All this server crashing is getting ridiculous. Badspot need to find a way to patch this before it spreads even more and actually causes blockland to die out.

All this server crashing is getting ridiculous. Badspot need to find a way to patch this before it spreads even more and actually causes blockland to die out.
all of this

I bet Dreamfall is using BLhack, its known to crash servers.

I bet Dreamfall is using BLhack, its known to crash servers.
Wow good insight. We didn't even consider this until you motioned it.

Computermix already made a crash preventing .dll thing. He said he'd release it if crashing got out of hand and crazy.

Computermix already made a crash preventing .dll thing. He said he'd release it if crashing got out of hand and crazy.
Didn't he help steal keys from CBM?

Didn't he help steal keys from CBM?
He didn't assist in helping, he himself did it.