Poll

Favorite Telltale Game so far?

Tales from the Borderlands (bit early, but okay)
2 (5.9%)
The Walking Dead Season Two
3 (8.8%)
The Wolf Among Us
3 (8.8%)
Pokernight At The Inventory 2
1 (2.9%)
The Walking Dead Season One
10 (29.4%)
Pokernight At The Inventory
4 (11.8%)
Sam & Max
6 (17.6%)
Jurassic Park
3 (8.8%)
Back To The Future
2 (5.9%)
Tales From Monkey Island
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Telltale Games Megathread: Minecraft Story Mode Announced!  (Read 4207 times)

Little bump.
I bought the game on Xbox One. Couldn't help myself.
Played through the entire first episode in one sitting. Really enjoyed it.

And I loved all the references and such from the earlier games.
Zer0's scenes were cool too (this is a minor spoiler, but it was in all the trailers, so whatever).

I hope we get to see even more cameos from characters, particularly the vault hunters.
I might not have been looking hard enough (lots of other things going on in the game), but did anyone who has played see Sanctuary in the sky at all? I didn't. Wondering if that was purposeful and it's supposed to be elsewhere (or just not visible from where this game takes place), or if it's just a detail they didn't bother with.

Little bump.
I bought the game on Xbox One. Couldn't help myself.
Played through the entire first episode in one sitting. Really enjoyed it.

And I loved all the references and such from the earlier games.
Zer0's scenes were cool too (this is a minor spoiler, but it was in all the trailers, so whatever).

I hope we get to see even more cameos from characters, particularly the vault hunters.
I might not have been looking hard enough (lots of other things going on in the game), but did anyone who has played see Sanctuary in the sky at all? I didn't. Wondering if that was purposeful and it's supposed to be elsewhere (or just not visible from where this game takes place), or if it's just a detail they didn't bother with.
No i didn't see it anywhere.
Then again, i don't think this takes place near Sanctuary really.
Can't be too sure, but i am pretty sure that if it was near it, we would have seen it.

Sam & Max is my favorite, the new Monkey Island wasn't as good as the old ones but it was still good, Wolf Among Us was pretty rad, and I'm planning on getting the Borderlands game soon.

First episode of the Game of Thrones game got a trailer.
BE WARNED, SPOILERS AHEAD
Release dates:
PC/MAC 2 December
Consoles 3 December
iOS 4 December
Android Somewhere in December

Damnit.
Misread as "Terrible Games Megathread".

This is more meant for the recent episodic games, but i decided to also include the other games in the topic.
This hurts me.

It should be noted; Telltale is made up of ex-LucasArts employees who were pissed off because they couldn't make a 3D Sam & Max game at LucasArts (they tried to, but it was cancelled in the most messy way possible).

Good thing Steve Purcell didn't sign an IP contract with LucasArts  :cookieMonster:

It should be noted; Telltale is made up of ex-LucasArts employees who were pissed off because they couldn't make a 3D Sam & Max game at LucasArts (they tried to, but it was cancelled in the most messy way possible).
I think they tried to make two 3D Sam & Max games, one was based off of an old story from Purcell and the other was gonna be something new.

I think they tried to make two 3D Sam & Max games, one was based off of an old story from Purcell and the other was gonna be something new.
Yeah, one was "Sam & Max: Freelance Police", which was the one I was talking about, and then there was a Sam & Max 3D game involving time travel which was being made by an external company and would have been published by LucasArts, but it too got cut.

Yeah, one was "Sam & Max: Freelance Police", which was the one I was talking about, and then there was a Sam & Max 3D game involving time travel which was being made by an external company and would have been published by LucasArts, but it too got cut.
It's a shame the time travel one got cancelled - the futuristic DeSoto from the concept art looked so cool.

It's a shame the time travel one got cancelled - the futuristic DeSoto from the concept art looked so cool.
Very true, although we did eventually get "Chariots of the Dogs".

Which isn't actually that good :/ Nowhere near "What's New, Beezlebub?"

Which isn't actually that good :/ Nowhere near "What's New, Beezlebub?"
That was probably my favorite episode next to "Abe Lincoln Must Die," even though it's free.

So I was discussing Tales From The Borderlands with a friend of mine who enjoys watching Let's Plays of Telltale Episodic games, and he asked me whether there's much replayability in the games.

I've played Season 1 of The Walking Dead, a few episodes of The Wolf Among Us and the first episode of Tales From The Borderlands.
I've not replayed any of them after playing.

I don't think it's because they don't offer anything, since there's a lot you can do differently and view the consequences of.
But I've never been bothered to replay them.

Are you guys the same with the Episodic games? Do you replay them at all?

This hurts me.
I'll try to give every of their games the same treatment soon.
I might cut out the episode names of all the full released episodic games to not overload the OP with too much information.
Steam download link for the free Sam & Max S1E4, "Abe Lincoln Must Die". I highly recommend EVERYBODY tries it out. I'll find the DRM free link in a moment.
Done, thanks!

Are you guys the same with the Episodic games? Do you replay them at all?
I replay them every once in a while, and occasionally I'll completely forget the solution to a puzzle, so it becomes fun again.