Iban's City Rpgv2-Remove back door from the script (Re-download-update file zip)

Author Topic: Iban's City Rpgv2-Remove back door from the script (Re-download-update file zip)  (Read 7352 times)

having a bad rep and being punished by not being able to download an add-on the rest of the community can is not reasonable imo
i'd be alright with him making my IP address not affect the counter, that'd be better
i don't want to use a proxy.
Yes, I should have to modify the code for the script every time someone attacks it just so that they can still use the service even after they just abused it.

Please get real and face the consequences of your actions. This is the real world, websites block you when you attack them, they don't accommodate your behavior.

Yes, I should have to modify the code for the script every time someone attacks it just so that they can still use the service even after they just abused it.

Please get real and face the consequences of your actions. This is the real world, websites block you when you attack them, they don't accommodate your behavior.
I agree with this guy. -Setro- need learn lesson from his own mistake actions.

it's not even that bad using a proxy.
I think he just wants to attack the website again.

is it me or is this a really old version of CRPG

Well Furling, you dun goofed this time, RIP.

I dont get why people are saying RIP
is there still a back door in the script or ?

I dont get why people are saying RIP
is there still a back door in the script or ?
He posted a link to the one with a backdoor in the thread where the guy asked for it.

And Badspot might failbin this probably because its in the CRC list.

The backdoor was overwrote by Badspot back in 2009 and the BLID it gave admin to is long since inactive.
Quit looking for reasons to bring this 5 year old pile of stuff back up.

The backdoor was overwrote by Badspot back in 2009 and the BLID it gave admin to is long since inactive.
Quit looking for reasons to bring this 5 year old pile of stuff back up.
Okay, I hate to support a mod that had a backdoor in it, but CRP was pretty fun. It might not have been perfect--far from it really-- but it's definitely a good idea & a fun gamemode

having a bad rep and being punished by not being able to download an add-on the rest of the community can is not reasonable imo
i'd be alright with him making my IP address not affect the counter, that'd be better
i don't want to use a proxy.
The rest of the community is not a moron and you know that.

Okay, I hate to support a mod that had a backdoor in it, but CRP was pretty fun. It might not have been perfect--far from it really-- but it's definitely a good idea & a fun gamemode

CRP is pretty boring and dull, it's a glorified Cops VS Robbers in the end, but it's pretty much the only city roleplaying gamemode publically released and functional to this day.

It's great that you tried to bring this back, but it simply doesn't work. Adding new jobs doesn't work, I can't sell lumber/ores, and the previously mentioned problem where you can't respawn.

I doubt anyone is willing to take the challenge of trying to fix this, but if they did I'd certainly be thankful. I've always wanted to set up a City RPG to play with only a few of my friends and not have to deal with anyone else.

It's great that you tried to bring this back, but it simply doesn't work. Adding new jobs doesn't work, I can't sell lumber/ores, and the previously mentioned problem where you can't respawn.

I doubt anyone is willing to take the challenge of trying to fix this, but if they did I'd certainly be thankful. I've always wanted to set up a City RPG to play with only a few of my friends and not have to deal with anyone else.
if you give me a list of bugs that this version has I'd be glad to fix them

if you give me a list of bugs that this version has I'd be glad to fix them

The only ones I have found so far are the three that I mentioned, but I suppose I can start up a server and go look for more right now.

The only ones I have found so far are the three that I mentioned, but I suppose I can start up a server and go look for more right now.
I don't really know if selling ores/lumber is broken, and adding jobs should work as long as you remember to execute the files in the scriptObject.cs
Just finished my initial edit, this is what I've got done so far.
Code: [Select]
>fixed Last Man Standing bug
>rewrote Pardon, giveMoney, eraseRecord, and Crims commands
>added SA commands AddToValue NAME VALUE AMOUNT(+/-) and SeeValue NAME VALUE
>rewrote onPlant, fixing loading issues
>updated the Banned Events section
>added the RTB prefs found in many other CityRPG mods
>fixed hunger: <color:> bug
>added me and a few other coders birthdays; will add more if anyone asks
>removed servercmdBan from the package.cs, as well as a few other abusive functions
>disabled idiots.cs with broken FAQ links
>rewrote transferLot to use lot boxes instead of downupbrick
>added the taser from Jack Noir's SuburbRPG
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:34:20 PM by Aoki² »