Author Topic: Damage+Heal all players on minigame reset  (Read 1362 times)

The addon
Every time the minigame resets, everyone is damaged for 1 point of health and quickly healed 1 point of health.

Q:Who the hell would find this godamn thing useful?
Anyone who hosts a Super Murder Mystery server. SMM has a feature that lets you mouseover players in order to discover their name. If you are a maf and you mouseover a player, it tells you his role(Inno/Maf).

Unfortunately, however, the "mouseover" feature in SMM is broken and only kicks in AFTER taking damage from any source. This inevitibly results in Mafs teamkilling eachother because they have no way of telling who their teammates are, other than pressing Page Up and looking at the list of mafs 24/7, which most players don't do.

This addon would be useful for SMM and nothing else.

Is there a fix for the names in SMM? One handy feature is that mousing over a player will tell you their name and role(If you are a mafia member, it also tells teammates.) Unfortunately, however, it only seems to kick in AFTER you take damage, and its the only way to identify fellow mafs for most players. This inevitibly results in Mafia members teamkilling eachother, because mousing over another player will not work until they take damage. Is there a way to make mousing over another player kick in BEFORE taking damage?

Ex. Something_Awful is a Mafia member. Blockland3999 is also a Mafia member. Something_Awful spots and shoots Blockhead3999(Something_Awful hasn't taken damage yet, so he has no idea that he just shot a teammate). Blockhead3999 can now mouse over Something_Awful and discover that he is a fellow maf. Something_Awful fires again, and Blockhead3999 then gets shot in the face, dies, rages, and gets Something_Awful banned for teamkilling.

Is there anything I could edit in the Misc file?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 01:09:17 PM by tber123 »

Or what about damage/heal team.

This can actually be done with a simple event script (May not be 100% Correct as I can't access my main computer.)
OnMiniReset-Minigame-All Players-AddHealth- -1
OnMiniReset-Minigame-All Players-AddHealth- 1

There is no All players, there is only "Named brick" and "SELF".

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:15:16 PM by tber123 »

Not really needed. Like I posted before, the easiest way to fix this without having to completely fix SMM to work properly with other weapon packs than the private ones (I only founded Weapon_Clushido, which are the original melee weapons) is to delete this line from display.cs:
Code: [Select]
cancel(%this.updateSMMDisplay);Of course the better solution would be to readd in the ammo system scripts and edit them to work with the weapons you're using but that may or may not work as well. If this ends up loving up something else, let me know since this worked well without issues when I hosted SMM.

There we go.