Author Topic: Global IP Ban List / Better IP Ban | Version 1.1.3 (2014/12/19 @ 10:13 PM est)  (Read 10466 times)

Someone go and search drama for more topics. There are tons of server crashers out there.

Someone go and search drama for more topics. There are tons of server crashers out there.
I've been thinking about doing that, but the odds are those users have changed their IP by now.

So if I download this file, I'll be banned on my servers?
Thanks for bringing this problem up.
I'll see about making it not kick the host if he/she is on the list ( Since I guess I have to make it usable for any user ).
An updated will be released in a moment, check back frequently.

Edit: Updated to not kick the user is his name is the same as the host. Not so sure if this bit of information can be fooled or not. I doubt it.
If a problem should occur, reply in this topic please.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:31:45 PM by Pah1023 »

So if I download this file, I'll be banned on my servers?
Lmfao why are you still here...

should also include BLIDs so if an IP is changed, that offending BLID is still banned

basically:
Ban all IDs associated with an offending IP
Ban all IPs associated with an offending ID

should also include BLIDs so if an IP is changed, that offending BLID is still banned

basically:
Ban all IDs associated with an offending IP
Ban all IPs associated with an offending ID
The thing is, that can't happen.
Why?
Because at onConnectRequest we can't receive the ID.
The only function we can receive it at is autoAdminCheck
And by then it's too late if the user's true intention is to crash the server.

Why?

Actually Computermix made a new DLL that prevents the hack and autobans the user if they attempt to crash it. It's currently protecting both my servers.

Actually Computermix made a new DLL that prevents the hack and autobans the user if they attempt to crash it. It's currently protecting both my servers.
I've heard of that.
I just don't feel like using a DLL that could be actually harmful in disguise is a good thing.
I understand it can protect you but I'd like to be able to have the source before using it.

Also I was referring to using torque script only since Badspot don't want people to use DLL injection.

I understand that this is available, but I wouldn't trust injecting the game with anything that I couldn't read the source code of first.

Why?

really? damn.

really? damn.

Yep. The only things you can really filter by as soon as you get the connect request are the IP, the player name (not necessarily valid), clan tags and such.

I've heard of that.
I just don't feel like using a DLL that could be actually harmful in disguise is a good thing.
I understand it can protect you but I'd like to be able to have the source before using it.

Also I was referring to using torque script only since Badspot don't want people to use DLL injection.

I understand that this is available, but I wouldn't trust injecting the game with anything that I couldn't read the source code of first.

That makes me question this "crash protector DLL".
First of all it's made by the same person who created the original hack in the first place so that doesn't seem too trusting, unless he is trying to fix his forget up.
Second, I agree with Pecon and Choco. I wouldn't trust a file I couldn't pick around at first.
Third and lastly, if there is a legit "Server Crash Protector" for Blockland why hasn't it been released to the public? Things like this are nice to have when a Blockland "crashing" epidemic is going on

Third and lastly, if there is a legit "Server Crash Protector" for Blockland why hasn't it been released to the public? Things like this are nice to have when a Blockland "crashing" epidemic is going on
You can't just post a dll on the forums and say "here you go this prevents crashes." You'll be banned faster than you can snap your fingers.

You can't just post a dll on the forums and say "here you go this prevents crashes." You'll be banned faster than you can snap your fingers.
Yeah true I didn't really think about that, I kinda haven't had any sleep in a while and my brain isn't all the way here lol. Sorry mate

I guess the only real thing we can do is wait for a BL Update?

I've heard of that.

That makes me question this "crash protector DLL".
First of all it's made by the same person who created the original hack in the first place so that doesn't seem too trusting, unless he is trying to fix his forget up.
Second, I agree with Pecon and Choco. I wouldn't trust a file I couldn't pick around at first.
Wrapperup checked the source code before I used it, it's safe. We also tested it with BLHack and it prevented it 3/3 times we tested.