Author Topic: Global IP Ban List / Better IP Ban | Version 1.1.3 (2014/12/19 @ 10:13 PM est)  (Read 10421 times)

Wrapperup checked the source code

No I didn't, I only said i tested it and it worked like intended. Where did you get that I checked the source from?

if you want the source just ask me on steam. then you can compile it for yourself. binary is provided for convenience, not malevolence.

Bumped, recent cases of servers being crashed, added three two new entries.

If you're looking into something more secure, I'd recommend using this made by Computermix that'll fix the error when injected.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271003.0

But if you can't use it or don't know how, or simply want to ban people who has crashed servers before.
Feel free to use this mod.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:39:33 PM by Pah1023 »

Bumped, recent cases of servers being crashed, added three two new entries.

If you're looking into something more secure, I'd recommend using this made by Computermix that'll fix the error when injected.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271003.0

But if you can't use it or don't know how, or simply want to ban people who has crashed servers before.
Feel free to use this mod.
This is useful for people who use macs, too.

Nvm, I'm just going to edit out the entire default IP ban list.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:12:50 PM by -Setro- »

Updated, download or not.
Just new features you'll be missing out on.

So if I download this file, I'll be banned on my servers?
l o l

I dont know about you guys, but this mod seems a bit to harsh on the crashers

what if he wanted to play at a friend's server and gets banned

IDEA: how about it warns the admin(s) about the user crashing servers when he joins and then he can ban?

anyways, a good handfull seems like people I would immediately ban if they come to my server

I don't see how it is harsh at all, if you're going to crash servers then you should expect retribution for such an annoying, pointless, time-wasting act.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:30:58 PM by Crazycom »

I dont know about you guys, but this mod seems a bit to harsh on the crashers   forget them.

what if he wanted to play at a friend's server and gets banned  The mod is optional to download, just uninstall it, if you want to interact with starfishs.

IDEA: how about it warns the admin(s) about the user crashing servers when he joins and then he can ban?   It takes a split second for them to press the button to crash the server.

anyways, a good handfull seems like people I would immediately ban if they come to my server    Then you get working on that Wild-West quick-draw hand.
Answers in bold

IDEA: how about it warns the admin(s) about the user crashing servers when he joins and then he can ban?

anyways, a good handfull seems like people I would immediately ban if they come to my server
I don't think we should allow crashers receive mercy from us

I don't think we should allow crashers receive mercy from us
^^^ The crasher shows no mercy, why should we?
Besides, it takes a split second to crash a server.
This mod even has the chance to miss them if they're fast enough.

Also forgot to mention with the new update if enabled it'll take the IP and name of the user and fetch a blid from the auth servers.
The variable is $Pref::Server::IPBanBLID, set it to true and it'll fetch the users ID if the user is on the known bad IP list and ban them from your server permanently.

Edit, I should also say it's not like you have to download this mod.
It's all up to the host if they want it or not.
You shouldn't have a problem with it unless you yourself have been crashing servers.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:16:00 PM by Pah1023 »

What if someone's behind a proxy?

This mod even has the chance to miss them if they're fast enough.
No it doesn't.

No it doesn't.
Oh? I've heard someone said that before.
Guess I am wrong.
What if someone's behind a proxy?
I've heard that people behind proxies have had trouble with Blockland in the past, can't remember from where.
But, if they've managed to use a proxy it'll likely not pick them up by IP.