Water Waves

Author Topic: Water Waves  (Read 9768 times)

This script allows you to create "waves" in environment water. You can alter the period and amplitude of the waves, as well as the average height.

How to use (admin-only):
/waves: Brings up the help menu, will also be opened if the command doesn't exist.
/waves freq #: Changes the period of the wave to #, that is, the number of seconds between cycles. Yes, I know frequency and period are different.
/waves amp #: Changes the amplitude of the wave to #, that is, how high/low the wave gets.
/waves base #: Changes the average height of the wave to #.
/waves base: Changes the average height of the wave to the current level.
/waves set: Toggles whether waves are active.

All commands can be used while waves are active, but you can't alter the water level in the environment or via events while waves are active (you can when they're disabled, of course.) Enjoy!

Script_Waves

This is my first scripted add-on, so if you find any problems with it, just let me know. Thanks to Headcrab Zombie and Advanced Bot for helping me fix some issues with it.

Does this just raise and lower the water level? Or does it create visual waves as seen in the terrain maps?

Sounds pretty cool either way!

Does this just raise and lower the water level? Or does it create visual waves as seen in the terrain maps?

Sounds pretty cool either way!
It raises and lowers water level, unfortunately.

2014- Year of add-ons

Great add-on!

can you still use the mission editor to change water?  i remember making crazy huge waves on maps pre v21 with it.

can you still use the mission editor to change water?  i remember making crazy huge waves on maps pre v21 with it.
The water class isn't the same for some stupid reason, it's just a giant flat surface.
I wish the water was like it used to.

Okay,
Take this and add it to the environmental GUI please.
I cannot stand /commands. I have enough mods to remember /commands for I don't need any more.
This is a great addon that I've wanted, otherwise perfect.

Okay,
Take this and add it to the environmental GUI please.
I cannot stand /commands. I have enough mods to remember /commands for I don't need any more.
This is a great addon that I've wanted, otherwise perfect.
If only I knew how :/ but thanks!
Also, the /command stuff is something you'll have to deal with - nobody else seems to get worked up when they're mentioned, and since the help file is pretty much built in if you get something wrong, there's really not much to remember other than that you're trying to make waves. Please, can you knock it off with the /command crusade?

Also, the /command stuff is something you'll have to deal with - nobody else seems to get worked up when they're mentioned, and since the help file is pretty much built in if you get something wrong, there's really not much to remember other than that you're trying to make waves. Please, can you knock it off with the /command crusade?

I believe fully that presenting a mod that relies on /commands to operate is one of the strongest ways to imply mediocrity. Cause in point: mods using /commands feel incomplete and unoptimized. I wish people got into making/adding onto default GUI menus.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this. I am just more vocal about it.

I believe fully that presenting a mod that relies on /commands to operate is one of the strongest ways to imply mediocrity. Cause in point: mods using /commands feel incomplete and unoptimized. I wish people got into making/adding onto default GUI menus.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this. I am just more vocal about it.
I agree
a gui would be better

Well, replying to what I said above: I just looking into editing the environmental GUI and it's not easy like you said.
Using /commands is the best and easiest way to present this mod.

Sorry for being an ass about it...

/commands are a mess. Your not the only one Mr.

They're loving messy, I have a tab filled with more than 50 commands that I use when building/editing things on Blockland and its tedious.
This isn't 2003 people, come on. 

Well, replying to what I said above: I just looking into editing the environmental GUI and it's not easy like you said.
It's actually really easy if you know what you're doing...