Author Topic: Better Floating ModTer Support [not Tendon's]  (Read 3351 times)

Better Floating ModTer Support

Disclaimer*

The Floating ModTer Support made by Tendon [link] was horribly coded, taking up 3000+ lines of code, and parenting every single ModTer brick's onPlant / onLoadPlant functions. It also did not work with every ModTer pack.
I decided to put my coding skills to use and create a better version.

Mine uses 21 lines of code.

Perks:
  • Smaller code that doesn't use 3000 lines of code and is way smaller
  • No racial discrimination: Works with ALL ModTer packs.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/t2cp8lq1ezhm3ky/Script_SetModTerGround.zip

*Disclaimer: This mod was not made to bash Tendon
or any of his mods. I simply created this mod to make
a more efficient and smaller version of Tendon's original idea.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:18:16 AM by Darksaber2213 »

16 Lines of code if you don't count white spaces(because they're technically not code).

Disclaimer: This mod was not made to bash Tendon
or any of his mods. I simply created this mod to make
a more efficient and smaller version of Tendon's original idea.

You got a copywrite.txt to prove that stuff homie?
I'm kidding. But seriously, did Tendon give you permission to release this?

I'm not wondering because I care. I think it's great that you cleaned up the code. But you never know, could get some of them drama peeps accusing you of stealing this add-on.

Also this is off topic but I like your Police Revolver. Reminds me of the SF Revolver except it used right click for reloading

I'm not wondering because I care. I think it's great that you cleaned up the code. But you never know, could get some of them drama peeps accusing you of stealing this add-on.

Also this is off topic but I like your Police Revolver. Reminds me of the SF Revolver except it used right click for reloading
really

it's a completely reworked mod

Tendon has no right to prevent this from being posted

this is not a derivative, a branch, or a remake. this is completely independent code that seeks to achieve the same thing.

Ah cool.  I didn't think to do it that way.  :cookie:

I don't seem to get this working.
Are there any other addons I need in order for it to function?

So it first need to support the brick before it can float.
I was hoping I could plant ModTer bricks in mid air.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:01:40 PM by honytawk »

But seriously, did Tendon give you permission to release this?
I don't really think he needs permission considering there were multiple faults and he made it much better.

There is nothing wrong with making something openly available to others, better, and easier to personally use.

But you never know, could get some of them drama peeps accusing you of stealing this add-on.
Stealing is out of the question, and if Tendon were to persist and complain, he'd only make himself look stupid.

edit: I just realized that I'm responding to a very late post. Whoops!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:59:38 AM by YK »