"ignore it"

Author Topic: "ignore it"  (Read 4461 times)

I've noticed a re-appearing theme on this board recently, the "ignore it" phrase. People are using this as a response to drama threads about people spamming servers or petty little things, but I don't get why. I get it's like how if someone is teasing you, you ignore it and they won't get the satisfaction as they would if you were annoyed and upset, but ignoring it in this case will just be letting them do as they please with no consequences, and not telling others of the people to avoid and possibly ban from servers. Having this prior-notice may be helpful in cases where people are crashing servers or impersonating others, so that people can add these people to ban lists before they try and do it again. Ignoring any of this isn't going to do forget all, and is just going to cause more problems.

ignore him and move on.
Maybe if you ignored him,
all we really can do is ignore him
no offense to the guys above, just using it as reference

The main offender of this, (and the overall reason it sparked me to make a thread), was this guy.

Are you pissed off? Are you thinking about starting a drama thread about someone doing something that pissed you off, getting banned from a server? Here's a helpful tip! Wait 24 hours after the event and if you aren't pissed off about it, it doesn't matter anymore and you should get over it.
Here's a helpful tip! Waiting 24 hours won't really make a difference. If someone bans me very unfairly, I'm going to (possibly) make a topic no matter what. I'm not going to wake up the next morning and rethink my life, forgiving him for what he did. Even if I'm not pissed off about it a day later, people should still know of his actions and know that this user is a nuisance.

^__^ If you are still mad, then maybe you should make a thread as long as it makes sense, etc.
As long as it makes sense.. et cetera? That doesn't make much sense. Usually the term et cetera or etc. is the comparison of two or more items, with the etc. meaning "and so forth" or "or others", but I digress.

This has been a message from: Someone who's seen too many thread backfires.
Okay? What does that have to do with any of the above? This is almost as bad as leaving a signed signature at the bottom of your posts. Also, the Justin Timberlake gif has absolutely no loving relation to what you had just said. That image has been used as a reaction gif or image, using it to express similar to a "bitch please" statement. Your post didn't need a reaction image, and definitely not that one.

Think about it...
no

NOEDIT: I know Cpt_Isaac_Scott's topic doesn't really fit the "ignore it" category, but it reminded me of it how he talked about calming down basically.

I do not understand the main idea of this topic

I do not understand the main idea of this topic
Don't dismiss problems just by ignoring them. What's not to understand?

ignore them

/support, they're p much dismissive posts

Don't dismiss problems just by ignoring them. What's not to understand?
in what context. "ignore it" is perfectly acceptable in a lot of situations. don't feed bad behavior. its as easy as 123 ABC 123 baby you and me...

maybe Cpt_Stupid_Name had a hidden meaning in his post. like maybe take some time off before posting because anger makes you irrational. then you can think afterwards if its worth a discussion. maybe 24 hours was a bit of an over exaggeration but it makes sense. a lot of drama threads are done in anger and that's why they backfire. irrational thoughts are presented.

or maybe im reading too deep into it and im losing my mind

like maybe take some time off before posting because anger makes you irrational. then you can think afterwards if its worth a discussion. maybe 24 hours was a bit of an over exaggeration but it makes sense. a lot of drama threads are done in anger and that's why they backfire. irrational thoughts are presented.
this

like maybe take some time off before posting because anger makes you irrational. then you can think afterwards if its worth a discussion. maybe 24 hours was a bit of an over exaggeration but it makes sense. a lot of drama threads are done in anger and that's why they backfire. irrational thoughts are presented.
i do agree with this, but if it's a situation where someone is crashing servers, the community should probably know asap

maybe Cpt_Stupid_Name had a hidden meaning in his post. like maybe take some time off before posting because anger makes you irrational. then you can think afterwards if its worth a discussion. maybe 24 hours was a bit of an over exaggeration but it makes sense. a lot of drama threads are done in anger and that's why they backfire. irrational thoughts are presented.
Oh yes, I am all for evidence over emotion, but ignoring a problem you're facing, like harassment or server crashing, that should be reported on.

Oh yes, I am all for evidence over emotion, but ignoring a problem you're facing, like harassment or server crashing, that should be reported on.
that's why I asked in what context. and you've told me the context. therefore I can conclude that in such context that an issue doesn't involve emotion and needs immediate attention, ignoring is the last thing you need to do

context is the magic word of the day

(harassment part is actually 100.1% disagreeable and I will beat you over the head with a newspaper if you present that idea in the same statement as what you've said to me again)

Well ok, but your first post, I thought you didn't understand Freek's intention of the topic, which is what I basically stated earlier.

dude why are you getting so uptight over it

just ignore it man if it gets you that mad