I got a new laptop!

Author Topic: I got a new laptop!  (Read 1310 times)

It's a Lenovo Z50. It was an early christmas present. Consider that before you tell me how bad it is.

Regardless of how bad it may seem to you, my previous laptop was a Compaq from 2007 so this is a huge upgrade for me.

It is currently the only computer in my house with dedicated graphics. We have like six stuffty old laptops and this one shiny new one.

And now I can finally dual boot Windows 8.1 with Arch. Yay.

Discuss huge improvements to things you own. new hardware.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:50:57 PM by blueblur121 »

Discuss huge improvements to things you own.
well my hair grew noticably in length over the course of a week
i look like a girl now

It's a Lenovo Z50. It was an early christmas present. Consider that before you tell me how bad it is.

Regardless of how bad it may seem to you, my previous laptop was a Compaq from 2007 so this is a huge upgrade for me.

It is currently the only computer in my house with dedicated graphics. We have like six stuffty old laptops and this one shiny new one.

Discuss huge improvements to things you own.
I just put an SSD in my computer and bought a Moto X that I have yet to see.

Other than that... good to hear you finally got a real computer.

Nice that you got a new laptop, better than the old one.

I got a back massaging chair cover, which is also heated. Beats the cold plastic

Other than that... good to hear you finally got a real computer.
It's been so long.
Now I can actually play games and things.

After being on a laptop with 150GB of storage space, 1TB seems like it can go on forever.

I got a back massaging chair cover, which is also heated. Beats the cold plastic
I had no idea those were a thing. Do you just put it on a normal chair and then it acts like a massage chair?

*dies internally*

*dies internally*
Do you have to be an starfish whenever an OS you don't use is mentioned?

If love life counts as something you own, I'm hanging out with a grill for the first time tomorrow.

i want a massaging cover :O
i could lay back and be like. awwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhh

I just dropped my laptop!

If love life counts as something you own, I'm hanging out with a grill for the first time tomorrow.
Auto-correct is not your friend.

Lol.

i'm getting a lenovo thinkpad for school and other stuff soon.

from what i know lenovo is great with laptops.

i'm getting a lenovo thinkpad for school and other stuff soon.

from what i know lenovo is great with laptops.
It is, but it had a ton of crapware (McAfee, IE toolbars, etc.) when I first booted it up. It took a while to get it all removed.

i want a massaging cover :O
i could lay back and be like. awwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhh
$15-20 at walmart, definitely worth it. Just don't try to use a computer when you have the massager on, it shakes your view.