BlockNet Dedicated Hosting - New lower prices!

Author Topic: BlockNet Dedicated Hosting - New lower prices!  (Read 54876 times)

Welcome to BlockNet, the new dedicated server host.

BlockNet offers a few things you've not seen in previous hosts, here is a quick synopsis.
  • Secure control panel access using time-tested secure technologies. (In this case, we're using SSH)
  • Ability to use a key which is owned by BlockNet instead of using your own. This is particularly useful for steam players, who do not have a key they can simply enter.
  • Multiple hosting packages. Pay for only exactly what you need!
  • Multiple server locations. Choose where your server is deployed. (Higher hosting packages have more options)
  • Running on Linux. You can expect a higher standard of security, and far superior performance than from Windows based servers.

Prices, FAQ's, server list and more are all available on the BlockNet website (www.blocknet.us).

There is currently no sale.

User testimonies:

Purchased the six dollar plan and was able to host a server with 45+ players with minimal lag.
first hosted tonight, and players reported very little lag and the server was running incredibly smoothly the whole time
this service is top
I hosted Rising Lava. Loving the service. Would recommend it to anyone that wants to host a server small or large.
I just purchased a server and the setup was really easy.  The service is great so far.
Thanks for resolving these issues in a very responsive and calm manner.  I highly recommend this service.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:44:18 PM by BlockNet »

yes
yes
forget yes
you get all my yes :D

who runs this?
id also like to point out the pricing is ridiculous, you're really gonna pull an apple and charge for support, regardless of if its their fault or not? what happens if the ftp goes down, are you gonna charge to fix that, too?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:54:33 AM by Frankie² »

you're really gonna pull an apple and charge for support, regardless of if its their fault or not? what happens if the ftp goes down, are you gonna charge to fix that, too?
You've completely misread. Free support will cover anything that has to do directly with the stability and usage of the service. Management support is 'above and beyond', such as issues relating to add-ons you're running and would normally be responsible for.

You've completely misread. Free support will cover anything that has to do directly with the stability and usage of the service. Management support is 'above and beyond', such as issues relating to add-ons you're running and would normally be responsible for.
the website claims that getting help setting up the server is something you have to pay for (or advice, whatever that means)

1. You have to pay for support? What the hell.
2. What frankie said

the website claims that getting help setting up the server is something you have to pay for (or advice, whatever that means)
The example there outlines a situation where the host wants advice on how they should go about setting up a server of a specific theme. It's a weak example of how management support should be used, but it is nevertheless an example of something that wouldn't normally be our problem and therefore not covered by free support. The main purpose of management support would be like one of the other examples, such as having an add-on which is crashing the server. This would normally be the host's responsibility, but if the host does not wish to resolve it themselves or rely on the community to tell them how to solve it; then they have the option of using a management support ticket to have someone else do the work for them.

1. You have to pay for support? What the hell.
2. What frankie said
Normal support is completely free. You do not have to pay for any support that has to do with the service in general. This includes basically any problems you could have that are not related directly to the way you run your server. Please don't make unsupported claims.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:11:20 AM by BlockNet »

this is exactly what all server hosting SHOULD have been like from the very beginning. the rental key thing is how this wins.

inb4blocklandplus
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:39:07 PM by Sylvanor »

You people are idiots. Read what he's typed several times already.

Support is free and included. However, if you want them to go above and beyond what all other services have previously provided by helping you with add-on configuration and whatnot, then there is a fee.

Inb4 something happens and this gets drama'd.

Wow, awesome. Can't wait to cancel my subscription to my $30 VPS, I just renewed it so i'll purchase this in about a month.