Author Topic: Codoxime (ID 48456) - Crashing My Server  (Read 3586 times)

The Anti-Crash DLL needs to work in conjunction with the database of the Better IP Ban database, so that when someone tries to crash a server, they get banned by ID and IP by a network of servers.

Furthermore, if Greek2Me would be on board to release a PSA through Slayer or the Support_Updater add-on, that advocates for downloading the Better IP Ban Add-On, so that the protection network can affect them.

The Anti-Crash DLL needs to work in conjunction with the database of the Better IP Ban database, so that when someone tries to crash a server, they get banned by ID and IP by a network of servers.
The unfortunate thing is, since anyone can view the source of the dll, it's impossible for other servers to verify that the player added to the list actually did try to crash the server. In other words, it could be abused.

The unfortunate thing is, since anyone can view the source of the dll, it's impossible for other servers to verify that the player added to the list actually did try to crash the server. In other words, it could be abused.
This, the only method would be to make the DLL itself send it without having the source public.
The best you could do would message me with sufficient evidence of the user crashing / attempting to crash ( or post in drama like this ), and I'll add them to the list.
I've updated with the list with the following entries.
Code: [Select]
68.190.155.50 Codoxime Crashing "Glass - ???" | 2014/12/16 48456 forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271561.msg8047260#new
98.143.8.256 Oxycotton Attempted to crash "IsjiX's Freebuild" | 2014/12/16 151463 forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271569.msg8047514#msg8047514
68.58.222.227 Codeine Associated with Oxycotton and Codoxime ( Known Crashers ) and use of BLHack | 2014/12/16 Unkown forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271569.msg8047514#msg8047514
I've seen them three before, and know they're close.
They've been on mine and a friend of mines server before and haven't crashed them, but I'm going to assume they haven't had their hands on it yet.

2 people just tried to crash my server, and i felt as if i should post the images here. one of them was Codoxime

the attempts were within 5 minutes of eachother

yeah i cant run the dll since i have a mac and skid came and crashed my server a while ago :(

Im probably just going to play on LAN until someone releases a working crash preventer or Badspot updates the master server firewall to protect against DDoS. It seems Cloudflare isnt working out too well D:

Uh, those are like two/three issues not really related to each other.
A guranteed working one is this, http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271003.0
You can also use my mod to ban people if they've just crashed servers before.
But other than that, it's not Cloudflare's fault, it's because of an issue in TGEA and Badspot needs to release an update to fix it.

What about people who use hosting services like CBM or w/e?
They cant inject their servers because they just cant. They dont have that kind of access.
The hosting services should auto-inject the antidote.dll into all instances of BL they run.

Im probably just going to play on LAN until someone releases a working crash preventer or Badspot updates the master server firewall to protect against DDoS. It seems Cloudflare isnt working out too well D:
Cloudflare is working but the DDoS attacks go right past it as Badspot lazy implemented it and people can get the origin IP.

What about people who use hosting services like CBM or w/e?
They cant inject their servers because they just cant. They dont have that kind of access.
The hosting services should auto-inject the antidote.dll into all instances of BL they run.
Good thing BlockNet deploys every server pre-patched! That's why Gytyyhgfffff's server was protected.

Good thing BlockNet deploys every server pre-patched! That's why Gytyyhgfffff's server was protected.

i understand that's a very important thing to advertise and that would probably get a handful of server hosts to actually use your service but that is the single hardest shill i've ever seen on the blockland forums

like that stuff's flagrant holy forget

i understand that's a very important thing to advertise and that would probably get a handful of server hosts to actually use your service but that is the single hardest shill i've ever seen on the blockland forums

like that stuff's flagrant holy forget
Maybe if he was just jumping in announcing it out of the blue, but that's a pretty relevant reply to Cca's post. Was it the phrasing?

and they didn't even say thanks for helping them out with the Linux solution :panda: