Author Topic: Steam sales and bad publicity  (Read 1008 times)

Does anyone know how many sales the game is getting through Steam?

I'm wondering if they balance out the negatives caused by the lovely backfire in the reviews. If they don't, it might be smarter to pull the game from Steam than have people get a false impression of it.

I'm wondering if they balance out the negatives caused by the lovely backfire in the reviews.
Huh?
What happened? Sorry, I live under a rock.

Huh?
What happened? Sorry, I live under a rock.
there are lots of negative reviews on steam

i dont think there is a problem sales wise, the reviews are mostly positive according to the store page, 79% positive out of around 2,600 reviews.
it's hilarious you want the game off steam because of bad reviews, it goes to show how correct they are XD
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:37:39 AM by Crispy_ »

Does anyone know how many sales the game is getting through Steam?

I'm wondering if they balance out the negatives caused by the lovely backfire in the reviews. If they don't, it might be smarter to pull the game from Steam than have people get a false impression of it.
Negative steam reviews would not decrease overall sales.  Someone buying blockland via some non-steam platform isn't likely to be basing their decision to buy the game off of a steam review.  Do you realize how many people have bought the game on steam?  That number is presumably many thousands, far more of a net positive to the sales than the handful of people which might have seen a negative steam review and decided not to buy the game off amazon or the official site.

99.9% of the negative reviews are from butt hurt trouble users that had 5+ keys revoked.
"Dis is bad game cuz badspoot took my acunt away. :( Liek if u cri evertim."

99.9% of the negative reviews are from butt hurt trouble users that had 5+ keys revoked.
"Dis is bad game cuz badspoot took my acunt away. :( Liek if u cri evertim."
Way to pull that statistic out of your ass.

Negative steam reviews would not decrease overall sales.  Someone buying blockland via some non-steam platform isn't likely to be basing their decision to buy the game off of a steam review.  Do you realize how many people have bought the game on steam?  That number is presumably many thousands, far more of a net positive to the sales than the handful of people which might have seen a negative steam review and decided not to buy the game off amazon or the official site.
Yeah. Steam IDs started at 60000. I've seen IDs over 160000. We've sold over 100,000 copies on Steam in one year. That's like nearly double what BL has sold throughout all of its lifetime off of Steam. 

IIRC id gain > actual copies purchased.
There is some ID increment system that skips id-s

IIRC id gain > actual copies purchased.
There is some ID increment system that skips id-s
Yeah, certain ones for various reasons. Sorta like the ID 666 and 1337.

I'm p sure it was much more than that.

Most of the people who review play terrible games and give 'em good reviews, and they give great games bad reviews.

Also wasn't one of the reviews from someone who hacked on Counter Strike? Like Badspot said, it's usually the hackers that hate this game.