Author Topic: First Person View: Death [Tumble] - V2.4  (Read 10707 times)

Old topic: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=250127.45

Description: Basically when you die, you will be tumbled in first person view.
  - Old Video
  - New Video
  - Another new video (Using my World RPG to test it)

How does it work?: It overwrites the tumble function, fixing a few things, such as the respawn issue. The new tumble function has args with tumble(%object,%firstPerson). It also uses a different vehicle type using the skis' death vehicle. There are no impact sounds, of course this may be added as a separate version.

%object : What is the depending object? A player? An AIPlayer?
%firstPerson : If the client exists, this will be useful, using true (1) or false (0) to decide if the object should go in first person, otherwise, it will just use regular tumble.
There used to be a %time parameter, but it was not really used in the code.

Credits
Badspot - Having the tumble code
Visolator (Me) - Coding most of the mod

I do not recommend getting this mod if you are going to use any other kind of corpse mod, I am unable to fix it.

Direct Download Server_FPView_Death
Direct download for a heavier body, making it look less dramatic.

v0.95
  ~ Fixed tumble(%obj,1);, when using it too many times in a moment you would be stuck in first person.

v1
  ~ Fixed when you tumble in a strange place in the sky when killed (Such as when a zombie kills you)

v1.2
  - Removed the AI player code
  ~ Cleaned up code

v2
  ~  Fixed bug where you cannot click to respawn, which now you can.
  ~  Fixed bug when you were able to spawn if you had no lives.
  ~  When body is removed, you no longer instantly respawn, instead, you observe where your corpse disappeared.
  ~  Corpse now disappears when it is barely moving, instead of using a 5 second check to remove it.
  + Re-added AI player code since it would be best

v2.3
  - Removed bot code again.
  ~ Fixed known issue for consoles errors when the body disappears.
  ~ Fixed crash issue when getting killed by a vehicle. V2.3 fixes it all
  ~ Removed unnecessary code.

v2.4
  ~ Fixed crashing code, you should no longer crash, and this may fix some other mods.

[b[Known bugs[/b]:
  ~ This somehow bypasses the click to respawn, which means you can always click to respawn (only if you have lives/unlimited spawning), if there is a way to fix it please say so.

Suggested Topic: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=249215.0
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:13:31 AM by Advanced Bot »

You might find THIS to be helpful.

While I like the idea of tumbling in first person I am a bit confused as to why you didn't update the original topic and bump it since it was from earlier this year.

This mod seems very useful for first person gamemodes, I will have to try it out.
You always make cool script-stuff. Keep up the good work! :)

While I like the idea of tumbling in first person I am a bit confused as to why you didn't update the original topic and bump it since it was from earlier this year.
you can't bump topics that are either 2 or 3 months old, can't remember which

you can't bump topics that are either 2 or 3 months old, can't remember which
What? I have a topic that was from 2012 that I was going to modify and bump.
I decided to just make a new topic since they were 2 years old and had missing links, pics, etc.

Unless this is some new forum configuration Badspot implemented recently?
It allowed me to modify the topic and reply to it if I wanted O.o

Sorry to get off topic, I didn't know about this.

Does this still crash if you get killed by a bot?

What? I have a topic that was from 2012 that I was going to modify and bump.
I decided to just make a new topic since they were 2 years old and had missing links, pics, etc.

Unless this is some new forum configuration Badspot implemented recently?
It allowed me to modify the topic and reply to it if I wanted O.o

Sorry to get off topic, I didn't know about this.
If the topic had been bumped within 2 months, you can update it. This isn't new; any thread that has not been edited or bumped in 2 months will be marked as "too old" and can no longer be edited or posted in.

If the topic had been bumped within 2 months, you can update it. This isn't new; any thread that has not been edited or bumped in 2 months will be marked as "too old" and can no longer be edited or posted in.
Thats odd, I wonder why it let me modify it. Thanks for the info.

Does this still crash if you get killed by a bot?
This seems to be fixed, but I do get a console error when this happens, and upon server start up.

How so?
Because it's a better tumble function were the %time variable actually works.

I love this but theres still a few things wrong with it.

1. I can still instant respawn by clicking when i die

2. i cant explain it but when i use this mod i have huge FPS drops when i play with 4 or more people, i think it may have something to do with this

This is crashing The Brighter Dark's server. It happens whenever a vehicle hits a player, it seems that it does not work well with running people over in vehicles. Error is below:

Code: [Select]
Add-Ons/Server_FPView_Death/server.cs (164): Unknown command ClearTools.
Object (75921) WheeledVehicle -> Vehicle -> Vehicle -> Vehicle -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> ShapeBase -> GameBase -> SceneObject -> NetObject -> SimObject -> SimObject -> SimObject

Fixed all known issues. I've also removed the bot code, again.

Fixed a main bug that I finally found out how everyone was crashing.

GameConnection::onDeath(%this,%killerObj,%killer,%type,%area)
Silly me, I thought the %killerObj was your client's player, so if you were crashing at certain times, you were either a bot or was a vehicle when you got killed by it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:18:27 PM by Advanced Bot »

Why when i die my body is dancing?!