Author Topic: Fix the server crashing bug.  (Read 1706 times)

Your not the only one fed up with this. I don't want to use some DLL that I don't trust which came from the original creator of the bad DLL in the first place. I would feel much better if Badspot compiled a DLL himself and implemented it in the next patch, even if he has to barrow and modify code from the original bad DLL; It would still feel much safer to get an "Official Patch"

do you even know what you're talking about? the source code of the dll won't help at all. its literally using a hacky way to change certain bytes in the actual executable. it would be stupid for him to recompile the dll for the game and release it in a new update.

the only way of fixing this is to actually edit the code in the engine, since its actually a bug in the ancient versions of torque.

do you even know what you're talking about? the source code of the dll won't help at all. its literally using a hacky way to change certain bytes in the actual executable. it would be stupid for him to recompile the dll for the game and release it in a new update.

the only way of fixing this is to actually edit the code in the engine, since its actually a bug in the ancient versions of torque.
Yes, I do. I'm not saying Baddy has to use the source. I said, that even if he had to examine or use parts of the code from the source, it would still feel more secure having an official patch than using some unofficial "fix" released by the original dll creator.

Yes, I do.
the more you talk, the more you sound like an idiot.

I said, that even if he had to examine or use parts of the code from the source ...
there is literally no point in examining the source code. as I said, the dll is injected into blockland.exe, then it changes certain bytes to prevent server crashing.

the real issue is that he would need to patch the engine itself.

it would still feel more secure having an official patch than using some unofficial "fix" released by the original dll creator.
if you take a look in the dll code, there is nothing malicious in it at all. since the progress is forget it, you can cope with injecting a dll into blockland.exe. it may look "insecure", but its not because there is nothing dangerous in the source code.

if you still feel insecure about it, you can compile the source code into your own dll.

i don't know what bug this is :^)

Get out of here. This is a serious issue and if you can't take it seriously then you shouldn't be playing Blockland. People are tired of spending hours building and making a fun server for their friends, only to have someone crash it over and over, constantly ruining the game.
That has nothing to do with this.
It's satire - he's pointing out that Badspot is focusing on hats because apparently they are more important than a game-breaking bug.

the more you talk, the more you sound like an idiot.
there is literally no point in examining the source code. as I said, the dll is injected into blockland.exe, then it changes certain bytes to prevent server crashing.

the real issue is that he would need to patch the engine itself.
if you take a look in the dll code, there is nothing malicious in it at all. since the progress is forget it, you can cope with injecting a dll into blockland.exe. it may look "insecure", but its not because there is nothing dangerous in the source code.

if you still feel insecure about it, you can compile the source code into your own dll.
-.-
I'm not an idiot, I am just tired of my server be crashed, as are many other blocklanders.
I have looked at the code, I am not debating whether or not the code is malicious, I am simply implying that an official patch is better than an unofficial patch.

You said there's no point in examining the source code, but then you tell me to take a look at the code. What the forget are you even saying.

It's satire - he's pointing out that Badspot is focusing on hats because apparently they are more important than a game-breaking bug.
I did not know this. Sorry.

it may look "insecure", but its not because there is nothing dangerous in the source code.
You said there's no point in examining the source code, but then you tell me to take a look at the code. What the forget are you even saying.
"It may look 'insecure,' but it is not insecure. This is because there is nothing dangerous in the source code."

goth i think you're getting a little heated, you might consider relaxing for bit since your brain isn't getting some posts

Lugnut, I think he is confused that I said there is no point in examining the source code. when i really meant that there is no point for badspot to examine the source code, in reply to his last post.

I know many people will say "Use Choco's IP ban or better yet use Computer Mix's DLL crash preventer!" but the short answer is NO!!!! Idk about you guys, but I would rather have an official patch than use a DLL created by the original maker of the bad DLL. It's about having a feeling of security.
That's why I included the forgetin source brown townysis.  You're literally the only person I've heard that somehow doesn't believe my brown townysis of the code. It prevents the crash, and even allows you the option of whether or not to ban the user that's doing it. I've brown townysed the source, posted a detailed explanation of what everything does, what else do you want??? Why do you not trust it??? Give us a bone here man, let us help.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:22:42 PM by Ipquarx »

Get out of here. This is a serious issue and if you can't take it seriously then you shouldn't be playing Blockland. People are tired of spending hours building and making a fun server for their friends, only to have someone crash it over and over, constantly ruining the game.
joke

head

and since when are you badspot to be telling who should and shouldn't play?
Edit: Besides, if you weren't a complete moron, you would have noticed I was agreeing to OP in an admittedly bad way.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:33:39 AM by SgtDaemon »

"It may look 'insecure,' but it is not insecure. This is because there is nothing dangerous in the source code."

goth i think you're getting a little heated, you might consider relaxing for bit since your brain isn't getting some posts
Your right, I was getting upset. Sorry, it's just that when it comes to the whole server crashing thing it really gets under my skin. Greek2Me is right, there should be an official patch already.

That's why I included the forgetin source brown townysis.  You're literally the only person I've heard that somehow doesn't believe my brown townysis of the code. It prevents the crash, and even allows you the option of whether or not to ban the user that's doing it. I've brown townysed the source, posted a detailed explanation of what everything does, what else do you want??? Why do you not trust it??? Give us a bone here man, let us help.
If you remember I thanked you for this. I said I was happy that someone attempted to brown townyze the code and explain it. I already stated that I don't believe it to be malicious, I would just much prefer an official patch.....wouldn't you?

Besides, if you weren't a complete moron, you would have noticed I was agreeing to OP in an admittedly bad way.
Quote from: Goth77
I did not know this. Sorry.

Badspot has said he's tired of the game, so it isn't really being supported by his efforts anymore.  Sort of like windows xp.  

I don't think we're getting anymore patches.  If we do, it may be part of a larger update.  I have no expectations at this point.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:29:47 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

Badspot has said he's tired of the game, so it isn't really being supported by his efforts anymore.  Sort of like windows xp.  

I don't think we're getting anymore patches.  If we do, it may be part of a larger update.  I have no expectations at this point.

But....Blockland is the best game ever D: