guys, leave furling alone

Author Topic: guys, leave furling alone  (Read 18648 times)

If you don't know, Furling (or Cubelands) is a member of our community that has been deaf since birth. A lot of people always point it out on his posts, which he doesn't mind that much I suppose, but yesterday, he changed his sig to this.

I couldn't think of a reason of why he would suddenly leave after many years, but he recently had to lock a topic due to this:

Now I don't know if he left due to people ridiculing his grammar or what, but I don't think we really need to always point out his grammar and how he is deaf on every topic he makes. I'm really sad to see Furling go (if he really is leaving), because he's a really good contributor to our community. He's nothing but nice, and always makes pretty neat add-ons. I could pull up a stuffton of examples where people get on him about his grammar, and how he needs to learn proper English, and I agree, but it's not like he types, "h ieveryone imm FurrLMNNGG!", he just has a bit of broken English. I've never really seen him lock a thread because of people bringing it up, so that's why I'm relating it to him leaving. Anyways, it's sad to see Furling go.

noedit: forget, meant to post this in OT
oh well it still kinda fits here

what?
but I was defending him, plus it was only 3 posts in that topic, and the on-topic posts were still happening
stuff, he was a cool guy though.

I mean to be fair he posted like 5 yahoo topics a day

what?
but I was defending him, plus it was only 3 posts in that topic, and the on-topic posts were still happening
stuff, he was a cool guy though.
I know, it wasn't directed at you lol

I know, it wasn't directed at you lol
oh yeah I know, I just felt like I slightly contributed
but maybe even if I didn't say anything he would've done it anyways
idk
either way it's a shame

also he left mid-project, that's also a shame cause those arrow bricks were really neat

he was pretty cool
i'll miss him and his strange facebook articles

He didn't fit in anyway if you ask me

Furling is cool. It's a shame he's leaving

His best post:

Wait, furlin is deaf?
Also I never noticed any grammar mistakes.

Wait, furlin is deaf?
Also I never noticed any grammar mistakes.

yea he is, but I have to say you are blind.

-snip-

it's very sad he was abused if im correct to this point.i have some bad grammar sometimes,but it's cuz the keypad is to small on my phone.

i do support this topic
/support

He didn't fit in anyway if you ask me
thats true

imo furling was like one of the charms of blf. you'd see some random article from facebook or yahoo and you'd always just know it was him.
he's not leaving anyway. nobody leaves this place. i guess 2 weeks max

it's important to remember that betelgeuse was also deaf, but he was able to make much more coherent posts then furling. it's sad to see him go though.