Bows from RPG Weapons and Dueling Weapons
1 (10%)
Dueling Weapons
1 (10%)
RPG Weapons
2 (20%)
Both
0 (0%)
No, they are both bad. (Post what you want in a reply.)
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Annihilation, a teambased conquering game. (WIP)  (Read 2722 times)

Note: This idea is not mine. It was made for a different game and I just wanted to recreate it in blockland. There is some modifications to the rules.

Game:
Annihilation is a team-based PvP gamemode with 4 teams, Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green. Your team's objective is to destroy the other 3 team's nexuses, while protecting your own. Each team has their own quarter of the map where they can gather resources, buy defenses etc. You can join a team in the pre-game lobby by using /jointeam (color).
Your team wins when it is the last one with a nexus.

The game is split up into 5 phases, each phase lasting 10 minutes.

Phase 1: Nexus bricks are invincible
Phase 2: Nexus bricks lose their invincibility
Phase 3: OP Weapons spawn in the center of the map and joining mid-game is no longer allowed past this phase.
Phase 4: Nothing
Phase 5: Double Nexus damage

The game will stop at phase 5 and stay there until the game is over.

The Nexus is the most important brick in the game.
Each Nexus only starts with 75 hit points, and when mined (With RPG Picks Maybe?) it will lose 1 HP each time, or 2 In Phase 5. When mined it makes a very loud sound at the base, or a light sound if you aren't close enough, to alert the team their nexus is being hit.

Once a team's Nexus is destroyed, that team will no longer re-spawn. The remaining members of the team will remain in the game until they die, meaning they can still attack and destroy your nexus.

In order to win, your team must be the last one with a nexus.

Resources:
Gathering resources is crucial to victory.

You can sell your ore in a shop, located around your base.

You may wish to check out the maps and see where to find the mines.

Logs- These are nearly everywhere on all the maps. All team spawns usually have a log farm near the base, and most maps have trees scattered around which you can chop. Logs will also respawn very quickly.

OP Weapons- OP Weapons spawn ONLY at the center of the map, and only in Phase 3 or later. They respawn after 3 mins. Teams will often fight over the area all game long.

There is also be be classes in the gamemode. You can kill A.I. bosses to earn loot. One Map Will Be Included. Maps are built in a square and teams are in the 4 corners.

Help: I would like this to appeal to as many people as possible and I would like to allow people to help. You can apply (No Strict Rules, just ask while asking yourself a few questions) to be a builder, a eventer, or a scripter. Anyone is welcome as long as there reputation for helping is not bad. I will host a 24/7 building server for anyone willing to build. But first, I need to know what addons the builders and eventers want.

Thanks for reading, I'm gonna start work right away. Any helpers will be added to a list in the op. Thank You.

I'm going to test out events and bots before building (my skills are mediocre). Before I do though, I would like to let you guys request weapons and items.
Rules: Must be midevil themed.
No guns.

Will post progress report sometime when I feel enough has been done.

Thanks for your guys support!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 08:02:17 PM by rggbnnnnn »

-reserved-

Also here is the link to previous thread if you want to see comments (I wanted to move sections.)
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271832

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 07:01:00 PM by rggbnnnnn »

My first real working time starts in 10 mins. Will post progress about 3 hours later.

this sounds really fun
also if this project gets completed release gamemode or die

this sounds really fun
also if this project gets completed release gamemode or die
I'm not keeping any of the files private. I am going to constantly release builds just in case anything happens. Thank you for your support!

Edit: I thought it said complicated, not completed. My bad.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 08:01:11 PM by rggbnnnnn »

10 minutes of invincible nexus seems kind of useless.

10 minutes of invincible nexus seems kind of useless.
Will remove if enough people agree. Also in a hour the first server building session is going to happen. Stop by and help build, but you must apply first. You are not permitted to build within map boundaries if that is true (The only reason to build outside is to prove you are a good builder, no spam allowed.) Any brick addon requests are allowed.
Map Template: http://i.imgur.com/ZpirzUC.png
Also, we are not using a 24/7 server.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:00:52 PM by rggbnnnnn »

I'm just going to start it now. It is called Rggbnnnnn's Annihilation Build
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:00:35 PM by rggbnnnnn »

Ok, so I have decided to gear things a little.
1: Scripts and Requests come first, then map.
2: I have screwed around with the events so I can get a understanding.
3: The Scripts are The MOST important thing at the moment.

So I'm just accepting apps right now. I'm going to start working on some small scripts.

This project is really a experience for me.

Baby's first script:
function serverCmdStartAnni(%client)
{
    if(%client.isAdmin)
    {
       %count = ClientGroup.getCount();
          for(%cl = 0; %cl < %count; %cl++)
          {
             %clientB = ClientGroup.getObject(%cl);
             %clientB.centerPrint("<font:impact:50><color:f420eb>Annihilation round begins in 30 seconds! Prepare yourself!",5);
          }
    }

else
    {
   messageClient(%client, '', '\c6Only Admins can Start Annihilation!');
    }
}
I'm pretty good with eventing but new to scripting. I'm pretty sure I'll get better throughout the project. Also special thanks to Jamesking56 as I used his announcement addon as a example to make this basic script. I have programmed in basic and in gml before. Also a little bit of html. Pretty much a noob :/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:48:11 PM by rggbnnnnn »

Bump. I'm not starting on the map until the script is done. However, I don't want to force people into helping as it is my project so I am going to try to do most of the gm myself. I'm new to coding and if there is anything you don't like in the script so far please tell me. I'm am going to try to be the least stubborn possible during the making of this.

function serverCmdStartAnni(%client)
{
    if(%client.isAdmin)
    {
          {
             %clientB.centerPrint("<font:impact:50><color:f420eb>Annihilation round begins in 30 seconds! Prepare yourself!",5);
          }
      %time = 30;
      serTimer(%time);
    }

else
    {
   messageClient(%client, '', '\c6Only Admins can Start Annihilation!');
    }
}

function serTimer(%time)
{
   if (%time <= 0)
   {
          {
             %clientB.centerPrint("<font:impact:50><color:f420eb>This Annihilation round has begun!",5);
            %clientB.bottomPrint("<color:f420eb>Phase: <color:ffffff>1 <color:1818ba>Team: <color:ffff00>Yellow");
          }
   }
   else
   {
      %time--;

$TimerSchedule = schedule(1000, 0, "serTimer", %time);
   }
}

When your done with the script, I can help you with building. Just PM me and ill be there if I can

When your done with the script, I can help you with building. Just PM me and ill be there if I can
OK, thanks for the offer. Also, you guys don't want rpg weapons or dueling weapons, so please tell me what you want so I can deliver. Thank you.

Bump. Little progress has been done due to Holidays. Just don't want this topic to get too old.

do you plan on keeping the building and digging aspect?