Author Topic: Waypoints - Updated! RTB prefs!  (Read 4145 times)

Waypoint is a mod that lets you place down waypoints (think like a position marker) and then lets you teleport back there again with some simple commands.

Each waypoint has a 'wayID' to differentiate it from other waypoints. It can be a number or a word. You can have as many waypoints as you want.

Could be good for building stuff.

Comes with cool sounds, and a cool marker effect for spawning the waypoint (it doesn't stay forever).

3 RTB Prefs:

[bool] - Enable Waypoints? - Self Explanatory
[bool] - Admin Only? - Self Explanatory
[number] - Timeout - minimum time (in seconds) between creating waypoints. (admins are exempt from the timeout)

List of commands:
  • /Waypoint [wayID] - [creates a waypoint with the name of [wayID] at your current location]
  • /DeleteWaypoint [wayID] - [deletes the waypoint with the name of [wayID]]
  • /GotoWaypoint [wayID] - [teleports you to the waypoint with the name of [wayID]]
  • /ListWaypoints - [lists all of your waypoints]
  • /DeleteAllWaypoints - [deletes all of your waypoints]

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3qkgcy0rdl2i57x/Script_Waypoints.zip
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:15:09 AM by Darksaber2213 »

Limit to Admins, SAs, host?  Allow usage of other players' waypoints based on trust?

It's a very good idea for a mod, but this would be nice with some restriction capability.

this would be great for adventure servers

i mean, if those existed

this would be great for adventure servers

i mean, if those existed

wicked rpg. ok?

wicked rpg. ok?

what no

in an rpg this would be the most exploitable thing in the world because rpg maps are designed explicitly to accommodate for walk times in order to spread out the grind

i mean an explicit like walkabout adventure game style server where the point of the game is to figure out a complex server-wide puzzle

like monkey island or something

problems:
no timeout on creating waypoints, a client sided script could create a couple million waypoints in a few minutes
no limit to how many waypoints you can create

same said script can teleport you all over the map rapidly

problems:
no timeout on creating waypoints, a client sided script could create a couple million waypoints in a few minutes
no limit to how many waypoints you can create

same said script can teleport you all over the map rapidly
Limit to Admins, SAs, host?  Allow usage of other players' waypoints based on trust?

Concerns addressed, rtb prefs (timeout, admin restriction) added.