Author Topic: Server Events v1.3 (2014/12/26)  (Read 4672 times)

Events for loading and clearing bricks, echoing to the console, and more.

This adds a new "Server" target, which includes these output events:

• Server -> loadSaveFile Allows for a save file to be loaded. You can specify the file name and ownership.
  • Server -> clearAllBricks Clears all bricks in the server. In conjunction with loadSaveFile, this can be used to reset a map.

• Server -> setPreference Used to change either server name, password, max players, game mode name, welcome message, or falling damage.

• Server -> echo Prints an echo to the console.
  • Server -> warn Prints a warning to the console.
  • Server -> error Prints an error to the console.

• Server -> chatMsgAll
  • Server -> bottomPrintAll
  • Server -> centerPrintAll
  • Server -> chatMsgHost Sends a message to the server host.
  • Server -> bottomPrintHost
  • Server -> centerPrintHost

Download (v1.3; December 26, 2014)

Please note: All events are host-only.

Feel free to submit ideas for additional server events.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:53:52 PM by Greek2me »

Add an RTB pref to change the host-only nonsense.

Add an RTB pref to change the host-only nonsense.

It means that they can only be placed by the host. Anyone can trigger them. That seems very logical to me.

Believe it or not i was about to make a request topic for the first two events. Thank you so much

It means that they can only be placed by the host. Anyone can trigger them. That seems very logical to me.
They they should be admin only like all the other events. If someone is going to abuse things, he should not have been admin in the first place.

Working on something with friends and having to modify add-ons because some stuff is host-only for no reason really isn't fun.

• Server -> setPreference Used to change either server name, password, max players, welcome message, or falling damage.
Oh yes

Server -> clearAllBricks[/b] Clears all bricks in the server. In conjunction with loadSaveFile, this can be used to
Can you make one that does not clear the brick that has the event?

Can you make one that does not clear the brick that has the event?

Possibly. However, you can use clearAllBricks and loadSaveFile together as long as they're activated at the same time.

Possibly. However, you can use clearAllBricks and loadSaveFile together as long as they're activated at the same time.

Wouldn't it start clearing the new build as well? Unless they're queued up.

Wouldn't it start clearing the new build as well? Unless they're queued up.

You set a 30 second delay on the loadSaveFile event. Obviously this isn't optimal.

What I should do is prevent the trigger brick from being deleted (by temporarily moving it out of its brickgroup) and then have another input event like onBricksCleared which can be used to load the save file.

If you do that, also create onBricksLoaded to complement it

If you do that, also create onBricksLoaded to complement it

I actually made that one already! http://mods.greek2me.us/storage/Event_onBrickLoaded.zip

Do you think it would be better to include with this?

Do you think it would be better to include with this?
I think it would fit, considering it's also a "server event"

Though if you already made it seperately, you'll have to be careful so it doesn't get called 2 times if someone has both

Ultra usefull, get a cookie  :cookie:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:53:40 AM by TimFox »

The host-only functionality is problematic for people who use a setup like a BlockNet rental key. The 'host' will never join the server, ever. This is a good reason why the super-admin status exists.