Author Topic: Server Events v1.3 (2014/12/26)  (Read 4681 times)

Could you add one perhaps as SaveBricks?

Savebricks  ||  Name  |  Ownership  |  Description

Also perhaps one to enter code into the console.

Also request to add support for prefs to allow super admins to use this.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:56:49 AM by SWAT One »

Could you add one perhaps as SaveBricks?

Savebricks  ||  Name  |  Ownership  |  Description
This is asking for a lot more than you probably think. Servers (for some reason) don't actually have a proper built-in method for creating a save file of the bricks it contains. People have written server-sided savers before, but it looks like nobody has really done it 100% correctly before. There is always something wrong with one or the other.

An alternative would be to implement a different saving format, such as DrenDran's binary bls format. The downside to this is that you can't load it without using the same mod.

Ah.  Well darn.  I was hoping to use a combination of command events, password events and server events to save a file, clear all bricks and then reload them, all by typing something like /do resetbuild then typing a password.

Now that I think about it, if there was a delay after all bricks were cleared to load a brick, there would be a problem because they wouldn't load afterward.  Perhaps if it were changed to "0" OnActivate >> Server >> loadSaveFile (Stuff) "Delay in seconds"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:05:37 AM by SWAT One »

Now that I think about it, if there was a delay after all bricks were cleared to load a brick, there would be a problem because they wouldn't load afterward.

No, it works. Even though the brick is deleted, the event schedule is still running in the background.

I'll look into the SaveBricks and super-admin suggestions.

No, it works. Even though the brick is deleted, the event schedule is still running in the background.

I'll look into the SaveBricks and super-admin suggestions.
Excellent, and good luck!

I have a problem, how about if I want to load saves from within a gamemode .zip?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:22:36 PM by K3k0m@n »

I don't know if it's out there, but could you add a command (/ReportaProblem) (/RaP) to it & make it can contact the server host; Maybe through email? But I just thought this might be a great idea since on dedicated servers the Host isn't always around.
Maybe in the future we could send the (RaP) directly to the Phone of the Host (Text).

I don't know if it's out there, but could you add a command (/ReportaProblem) (/RaP) to it & make it can contact the server host; Maybe through email? But I just thought this might be a great idea since on dedicated servers the Host isn't always around.
Maybe in the future we could send the (RaP) directly to the Phone of the Host (Text).

Unfortunately, there's no good way to send email using Blockland.

I'm glad this was bumped, never seen it before today O.o

This makes "Map Rotation" so much easier, and allows you to send server-wide text without a mini-game. It's also cool to send little echos to your console so you know your events are working (great for loops and daycycle events). The chatMsgHost could be useful, but I find [fixed/modified] Owner Events to work better in this case, I am sure I will find a use for it though. Swift work, Greek2Me. I must try these events at once! :D

I like the idea of host only messages, it could allow for easy server debugging and statistics even when there are lots of players on the server.

Why did I think this said Simpler Events...

Unfortunately, there's no good way to send email using Blockland.
Perhaps have a report log file that can be viewed via a GUI that admins can use to evaluate problems.  Every time the user reports a problem, it appends information to this file.  Include server prefs to decide who can read or delete reports.