Poll

Rate Block Wars (serious feedback is appreciated)

1/5 stars
5 (5.4%)
2/5 stars
4 (4.3%)
3/5 stars
12 (12.9%)
4/5 stars
35 (37.6%)
5/5 stars
37 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Block Wars - Locked: See New Topic for Sequel  (Read 57613 times)

After much diliberation I've decided to go a day early on my claims (to make up for how long I delayed instead in the past)

I present to those of you who weren't in the stream:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

BLOCK WARS! The major motion picture event of Blockland machinima is finally here! After a decade of waiting, the video is out! Adventure! Laughs! Romance! Block Wars!

Director and Cast commentaries are available here: http://blockwars.swholli.com/commentary/

In the event this video is continually flagged by Youtube and viewing becomes impossible, you can watch the film in it's entirety here: http://blockwars.swholli.com/videos/bwfinal.htm

Livestream Schedule
Monday, May 2nd

6:00 PM (EST) - Server officially opens and twitch stream begins. Allows time for premiere guests to filter in and for those looking to stay for the duration of the stream can get here early to not lose out.

7:00 PM (EST) - Premiere. Block Wars is officially released to an audience after nine years.

8:00 PM (EST) - Post-screening Q&A session. Just general chitchat pertaining to the film. Can be cut short if not that many questions are raised.

9:00 PM and beyond (EST) The wrap party begins as we celebrate the release. Music (as DJ'd by me) will be played through the stream so it's suggested you leave it open to partake in song requests and general merriment.

The server is hosted by graciously by Pecon's Blocknet hosting service.

Block Wars - Official Trailer (2016)

rofl i bet you any money that movie will be a fail

GL with block wars =]

If you weren't aware, I announced some days ago that production Block Wars has been officially reopened. At least, publicly.

In reality, the third (and hopefully final) incarnation of Block Wars has been in my head and on and off being put together by myself and Packer for a few months now, it wasn't until I saw a recent post here on the forums where a user said that Block Wars is what cause him/her to start playing the game in the first place.

Immediately I was floored and thought to myself: "Swholli, you're 22 now. It's time to buckle down and finish this god damned thing, and finish it right."

So everything previously has been scrapped (except for most of the script, which was salvaged and retooled as a more mature writer) and I've decided to start completely over.

So, basically, if you'd like to contribute to this, pay attention to the server status for when I have Blue Harvest up and running. It will be passworded, so PM me with some credentials (I need players willing to follow instruction, no more main stream riff raff like before).

Hopefully, with your help and my already budding team, we'll actually be able to put this forgeter to bed.

And then I can make Empire Strikes Back...

New Images:

Old Images:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:50:32 PM by Swholli »

Might want to fix the links to the decals/faces

RTB is dead, you know
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:24:06 AM by tber123 »

Yeah, they'll be refixed once I've added all the new/updated ones.

Everything will be hosted at http://blockwars.swholli.com, so keep an eye out for that too. Might put up a production blog for behind the scenes stuff.

Taking a new direction to the character design, going more "Lego Star Wars" rather than "Swholli just sort of wings it."

what's up with the dyson sphere on the background?

cool

good luck

looking good so far

question : is it going to be multiple parts or hour (or two) long marathon?

also is there anything i can do to help because the original block wars was amazing, i can do video editing and some image editing but it seems like that's already taken care of

why does vader have an orange lightsaber?

question : is it going to be multiple parts or hour (or two) long marathon?

also is there anything i can do to help because the original block wars was amazing, i can do video editing and some image editing but it seems like that's already taken care of

Yeah video editing and image editing are something I'll be doing, but we can always use actors (physical, in game) to play the many different characters on screen at once.

why does vader have an orange lightsaber?

You ask George on that one.

b-b-but thats not the right hilt for him D: