Poll

What to do about RTB?

Replace all copies with the original v4.05.
1 (4.3%)
Make sure that we replace copies with the same version. (i.e, Port's, mine, DaProg's, etc.)
6 (26.1%)
Same as above, BUT replace copies of the original version with mine, which removes all returntoblockland.com features. This might be good because the domain will be available soon, and who knows who will get it.
16 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: ATTENTION: Modders, fix your client add-ons.  (Read 15806 times)

Is there any way I can make Support_Updater ignore a specific mod if an update is available? What I mean is the add-on won't show in the list and won't be updated.

When it asks you to update, click those three dots on the right-hand side. Then select "ignore updates".

When it asks you to update, click those three dots on the right-hand side. Then select "ignore updates".
It doesn't work, it keeps coming back.

Then just stick a file called "version.txt" in the add-on with something like "version 999" as its contents.

More than 2000 people have received updates for problem add-ons in the past week or so and almost 300 have received RTB updates in the past three days. Good work so far, and thanks for your help!

Keep submitting problem add-ons that you find - I'm sure there's lots more.

If you're going to update RTB, you should also fix the missing pref problem everyone has.

Badly written add-ons execute servercontrol again without first checking if it was loaded, resetting the counter and basically deleting all previously created prefs. The fix is as simple as placing something like this at the top of hooks/servercontrol.cs:

//Check if module has already been loaded
if($RTB::Hooks::ServerControl == 1)
{
   error("    Why are you randomly executing this file?");
   return;
}

Maybe get rid of this stuff at the bottom of hooks/servercontrol.cs too:

RTB_registerPref("Test 1","Tests","$Pref::Test1","num 1 100","Test",5,0,0);
RTB_registerPref("Test 2","Tests","$Pref::Test2","float 1 100","Test",5,0,0);
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:45:14 AM by Zeblote »

If you're going to update RTB, you should also fix the missing pref problem everyone has.

Badly written add-ons execute servercontrol again without first checking if it was loaded, resetting the counter and basically deleting all previously created prefs. The fix is as simple as placing something like this at the top of hooks/servercontrol.cs:

{
   error("    Why are you randomly executing this file?");
   return;
}

I applied the fix to my modified GRTB. Thanks for saying that.
Also, I applied an update to my modified GRTB to fix the gamemode-breaking bug.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:59:03 PM by Mr Queeba »

{
   error("    Why are you randomly executing this file?");
   return;
}

Maybe get rid of this stuff at the bottom of hooks/servercontrol.cs too:

RTB_registerPref("Test 1","Tests","$Pref::Test1","num 1 100","Test",5,0,0);
RTB_registerPref("Test 2","Tests","$Pref::Test2","float 1 100","Test",5,0,0);

Was this ever followed through on? I'm looking into fixing some unrelated bugs involving Tier Tac, and the ammo system is presenting problems for me due to the pref issues (and I'm assuming there's some other addon of mine causing this but I cant figure out which)

That RTB fix was just released for standard RTB, DaProg's, and Port's.