Handcuffs by MARBLE MAN

Author Topic: Handcuffs by MARBLE MAN  (Read 14651 times)

Handcuffs

« Backstory »

Around a year ago, MARBLE MAN created these hand cuffs using models by TheKhoz. Once MARBLE MAN was banned, his add-ons were thrown into the fail bin. These hand cuffs in particular had a back door which did not allow MARBLE MAN to be hand cuffed and alerted the entire server of the person trying to hand cuff him. Although it was apparently originally commented out, I have completely removed the code from the server.cs to prevent confusion.

« Features »

• Players who are handcuffed cannot use any tools, paint, build, or activate anything that requires your player to click with their hands, such as OnActivate events.
  • Players who are handcuffed can only be uncuffed by use of the handcuff keys (or if they die)
  • The player's datablock is not changed
  • Bots cannot be handcuffed
  • You must be very close to another player in order to handcuff them
  • Does not stop people from running away from you after they are hand cuffed
  • Can be used for kinky love RP's or overpowered police/security teams

« Download »

« Shameless Music Promotion »

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:20:31 PM by Sami2ss »

This seems handy for City RPGs

pun not intended

:D

BTW, is this addon has any backdoors? I never had any problems with Marble man's crap.

:D

BTW, is this addon has any backdoors? I never had any problems with Marble man's crap.

No backdoors, I took them out.

Even if you have an add-on of his, I doubt it matters anymore because I believe his key was revoked too, but I'm not sure.

you know what, if this were to be used for cityRPs what i would do is add a 'jimmy' mechanic

like if you have handcuffs on, clicking FURIOUSLY will increase an invisible number that, after reaching a certain threshold, will remove the handcuffs

but simultaneously jimmying handcuffs makes you lose your momentum and makes a really loud noise, and anyone with handcuffs can just reapply them to reset the counter, so it's best used AFTER having run away from the cops and while safe in an alley or something

yey, now i can do cool things with this!

I don't really get why the backdoor is a problem—it was added as a joke and the BLID it applies to is deactivated.

yeah so next time just leave it in there

I don't really get why the backdoor is a problem—it was added as a joke and the BLID it applies to is deactivated.
yeah so next time just leave it in there

the real reason i removed this code was so that it could not be redistributed with the code activated and bl_id changed by people who could not actually code (like me).

the code was actually commented out on the version i received. there was ignorance on my part. i don't know much about anything MARBLE MAN did.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:11:27 PM by Sami2ss »

Besides, it's just unprofessional to just leave in things like that, functional or not

"I have completely removed the code even though it was commented out"

no you havent

no you havent

goodjob detective ipquarx

no you havent

what mirror did you download? i uploaded the files to all the mirrors yesterday, i must have made a mistake.

i have updated all links.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:20:28 PM by Sami2ss »