Author Topic: The Random Gun V2  (Read 10191 times)

make it randomize and shoot any projectile datablock on the server

make it randomize and shoot any projectile datablock on the server
>mininuke

4.5/10 IGN
      -not enough randomize

It would be cool if the model changed every time you shoot.

4.5/10 IGN
      -not enough randomize
and you just give 0/10 becuase ya new to deh forums
or did you just get a 4th ban that is perm

It would be cool if the model changed every time you shoot.

thats a rly neat idea

like it would act as a disguise model

hell could you add in a sword projectile as well (short range and all)

like some guys holding a sword model
>starts swinging at some guy a mile away

masterchief773: HAH HE CANT HIT ME

>sword swaps to rl model and fires a rocket

There is lots of things you could do with this, I would however, make more projectiles. :p

hell could you add in a sword projectile as well (short range and all)

I was actually working on a sword projectile for v2, and i have to say, it looks flat out hilarious.

Sadly i have no idea how to model and it is textureless. i figured out what to do. it looks great :D

I was also thinking of adding some other defualt projectiles like the push broom, hammer, and the tank shell.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:01:58 AM by blobo »

You should really make it shoot any projectile in the server. Or better, shoot lights. Or even better, fakekilled 1x1s. Or the best, bots.

The thing with firing any projectile from the server is that you will probably end up getting a ton of gun bullets from different weapons.  all looking pretty similar, one might be a single shotgun bullet, you might get a single puff of fire from a flame thrower, maybe even the hammer hit projectile, or another invisible melle projectile. and also things like the printer, destructo wand, and duplicator. i just personally thing it's better to make a list, but i guess that's just me.

The thing with firing any projectile from the server is that you will probably end up getting a ton of gun bullets from different weapons.  all looking pretty similar, one might be a single shotgun bullet, you might get a single puff of fire from a flame thrower, maybe even the hammer hit projectile, or another invisible melle projectile. and also things like the printer, destructo wand, and duplicator. i just personally thing it's better to make a list, but i guess that's just me.

You'd have to think of this gun as more of a risk / reward kind of gun. I'd prefer both versions, one with a list and one without

You'd have to think of this gun as more of a risk / reward kind of gun. I'd prefer both versions, one with a list and one without

I do agree that it would make a lovely risk/reward weapon, but theres is just more risk than there is reward. i personally wouldnt want tankFinalExplosionProjectile being shot in my face. it would be hilarious for everyone except you.

Also, i am still new to coding, but i do know a lot about functions. i have no idea how i would get the data of every projectile currently enabled, and then pick one from that list. if you know what you're doing, feel free to explain, i could probably follow.