Speed Events, Sprint playertype(VCE Support!)

Author Topic: Speed Events, Sprint playertype(VCE Support!)  (Read 11378 times)

Speed events
This add-on contains a few simple events to customize a player's speed.

I am aware that there is already another add-on for this, but it didn't have the option to set individual speeds.

Contains the following events:
Player -> SetSpeed - direction - speed
Player -> SetCrouchSpeed - direction - speed
Player -> ResetSpeed
The direction is chose with a list that contains 3 options: Forward, Backward, and Side, and All.
Speed is determined by putting a number into the box. There is also VCE support allowing variable replacers to be put in place too.
ResetSpeed will reset all the player's speeds to what their current datablock defaults to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wfaodua81pa20r/Event_Speeds.zip?dl=0

Updates:
1/16/15
Max speed is now 100
Added an option to set all directions at once to each of the events

1/19/15
VCE Support;
setSpeed and setCrouchSpeed are now a box that can have a number or variable entered.
Added the following variables;
var:pl:maxForwardSpeed
var:pl:maxSideSpeed
var:pl:maxBackwardSpeed
var:pl:maxCrouchForwardSpeed
var:pl:maxCrouchSideSpeed
var:pl:maxCrouchBackwardSpeed

Sprint playertype
The sprint playertype is a new player datablock that allows users to double tap their move forward key (default W) and sprint at a higher speed than normal walking. To get this addon to work, I had to make it require clients to also have the add-on. If someone joins your server when this is enabled and they don't have it, they will receive a warning message and a link to this topic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zri6cwbjt0ezd19/Player_Sprint.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:48:26 AM by halcynthis »

Wow, I'll try this out tomorrow

sweet, gonna check this out

why limit it from 1 to 50? there's an upper limit to the functions, so you could put it there. i think it's 200?

Needs an "Overall" setting so you dont have to set all 3 kinds of speeds.

I remember you man. Been 2 years since your last post. Welcome back :)

Yes, welcome back.
Gotta work on that avatar.

Any way to adjust acceleration force and underwater swim speeds?  Air control?

Any way to adjust acceleration force and underwater swim speedsAir control?

Yes and no.

I remember you man. Been 2 years since your last post. Welcome back :)
Yes, welcome back.
Gotta work on that avatar.
I started playing again a couple weeks ago but haven't done much on the forums. Nice to be back though (:

Underwater speeds?
I was originally going to have this, but for some reason when I use player.setMaxUnderwaterForwar dSpeed(speed) and the other underwater speeds, I could see no difference in speed at all when being in water. I do plan to look into it more though.

why limit it from 1 to 50? there's an upper limit to the functions, so you could put it there. i think it's 200?
I figured 50 was a pretty fair speed, though I may consider raising that if people would like me to.

And for people in general, would you prefer to have the speed as a slider like it currently is, or would you prefer to have it changed to a box where you can simply type the speed you'd like?

YES NOW I CAN GO SANIC FAST