Speed Events, Sprint playertype(VCE Support!)

Author Topic: Speed Events, Sprint playertype(VCE Support!)  (Read 11381 times)

Needs an "Overall" setting so you dont have to set all 3 kinds of speeds.

Sorry, I overlooked that comment when I made my last post. I'll add that in a few minutes.

nise mod hally... is rly useful

And for people in general, would you prefer to have the speed as a slider like it currently is, or would you prefer to have it changed to a box where you can simply type the speed you'd like?
Box imo.  And raising the allowed limit to 200 just gives more versatility really.

You also forgot water speeds.

There is no function for setting movement speed in water.
These are the functions added in r1954:
setMaxForwardSpeed
setMaxBackwardSpeed
setMaxSideSpeed
setMaxCrouchForwardSpeed
setMaxCrouchBackwardSpeed
setMaxCrouchSideSpeed

Actually, there is. Badspot just didn't mention them. Dump a player object and you'll see that I'm right.

Yeah, it failed to mention the underwater speeds, and also failed to mention that there's also get functions for each of them. I mean, it's not like I made a similar add-on before this one or anything.

Really useful, Sprinting should be a default feature.

OP should add the following events.

Forward
setUnderwaterSpeed >    Backward
                        Side
                        All

setSpeed >         All
setCrouchSpeed >   All

As well as addSpeed and minusSpeed events. Also, the bars should be swapped out for integer boxes(with max of 200).

Yeah, it failed to mention the underwater speeds, and also failed to mention that there's also get functions for each of them. I mean, it's not like I made a similar add-on before this one or anything.
This is more popular because you can set the speed for individual things, not just a general speed multiplier.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:44:10 PM by jes00 »

As well as addSpeed and minusSpeed events. Also, the bars should be swapped out for integer boxes(with max of 200).
Some default datablocks do use floats for speed though.
This is more popular because you can set the speed for individual things, not just a general speed multiplier.
Right, because I wanted mine to be compatible with this. A support script made with the idea of keeping everything compatible in mind. If any other add-ons adjust speed, this one is going to conflict with it.

Some default datablocks do use floats for speed though.
Like?
If you want to be able to use numbers that aren't integers then use a string. Please just use something easier to use and more customizable than a sliding bar.

Like?
PlayerStandardArmor
maxUnderwaterForwardSpeed = 8.4;
maxUnderwaterBackwardSpeed = 7.8;
maxUnderwaterSideSpeed = 7.8;

Either way, it's part of the system, it should remain part of the system.

And since that support script doesn't look like it's going to support individual values anytime soon, I think the next step after adding water/all values would be to add VCE support, like, <var:pl:maxForwardSpeed>, which will call the get/set function depending on whether you're using get or set.

I've tried to experiment with water speeds before but could see no difference at all when being in water, which is why I currently don't have them in here. If I could get them working probably I would definatly add them.

Like?
If you want to be able to use numbers that aren't integers then use a string. Please just use something easier to use and more customizable than a sliding bar.
I replaced the sliding bar with a string, and also added support for VCE to go along with it.

OP should add the following events.

Forward
setUnderwaterSpeed >    Backward
                        Side
                        All

setSpeed >         All
setCrouchSpeed >   All

I added events for All last time I released an update, though I may have forgot to mention it in the actual OP. Now that there is VCE support it should be easy enough to do addSpeed and minusSpeed without the need for two new separate functions.

PlayerStandardArmor
maxUnderwaterForwardSpeed = 8.4;
maxUnderwaterBackwardSpeed = 7.8;
maxUnderwaterSideSpeed = 7.8;

Either way, it's part of the system, it should remain part of the system.

And since that support script doesn't look like it's going to support individual values anytime soon, I think the next step after adding water/all values would be to add VCE support, like, <var:pl:maxForwardSpeed>, which will call the get/set function depending on whether you're using get or set.
Added VCE support to the events themselves along with 6 variable replacers, one for each direction of movement speed and crouched/not crouched.

I've tried to experiment with water speeds before but could see no difference at all when being in water, which is why I currently don't have them in here.
I see what you mean. Maybe that's why Badspot didn't mention them in the update, because they don't even work.