Author Topic: 2015/01/16 - Blockland r1959  (Read 90893 times)

The Numpad keys are the arrow keys (or well, the second labels next to the numbers) in normal applications when Numlock is off.
Try typing 789 here with the numpad (with Numlock off).
doesn't work even with numlock on for me

It works now, but I've never had to turn Numlock on prior to this update. Strange.

It seems to work if numlock is on for me.
Weird.

I think the update also fixed the caps lock. Would it be possible to re-break those two?

I think the update also fixed the caps lock. Would it be possible to re-break those two?
Why would you want the caps lock broken..?

Probably because all caps is annoying. The better question is why would you want numlock broken.

Probably because all caps is annoying.
He said the update fixed caps lock. As in, it's not broken. it's implying that it's functioning as it should, as in, all caps when it's on, all lowercase when it's off. How is that bad?

He said the update fixed caps lock. As in, it's not broken. it's implying that it's functioning as it should, as in, all caps when it's on, all lowercase when it's off. How is that bad?
It's bad because all caps is annoying. And pointless, too. The key shouldn't even exist anymore.

It's my least favorite key on the keyboard. Only thing it's ever done for me is randomly capitalize half my sentence when I reach for the 'a' key, forcing me to retype them. If you need to talk in all caps, shift is perfectly serviceable.

Probably because all caps is annoying. The better question is why would you want numlock broken.
Because many people use the numpad for building. I don't, but I only see the need to check the numlock before building as an annoyance with no benefit to those who do use it.

Because many people use the numpad for building
interesting. i was not aware of this. i'd have thought using the keys in a laptop configuration would be more comfortable as everything is easier to reach.

I have a light on my caps lock when it's on. Sometimes, caps lock is on and it doesn't use caps, and when it's off, it types in all caps. Strange

I have a light on my caps lock when it's on. Sometimes, caps lock is on and it doesn't use caps, and when it's off, it types in all caps. Strange

That's just the shift key getting stuck. Tap both of your shift keys once and it'll go away.

im fine with the numpad thing and the capslock. I hated having to hold down shift and manually press each key when typing, now its just 1 button press. The numpad thing shouldn't really bother you, you should always have numlock on imo as there are already the buttons that it uses on the keyboard.

That's just the shift key getting stuck. Tap both of your shift keys once and it'll go away.
it worked, thank you

im fine with the numpad thing and the capslock. I hated having to hold down shift and manually press each key when typing, now its just 1 button press.
Solution: Type in lowercase instead.