Author Topic: Taking requests for new brick doors  (Read 6198 times)

I'm such a rooster tease. I completely forgot about this. I mean damn, it's been two years.

So anyways I've got 11 brick doors already done,  4-5 doors planned, and I'm taking requests. I might release a version with door frames as a separate add-on.

Trapdoor not pictured since the brick is broken at the moment.

Released: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=274053.0

DOOR COUNTER: 0 bricks + 30 models + 4 planned

Planned

Model done (2014-01-24)

Brick done (2014-01-24)
None yet, I'm redoing all my previously made doors to include coverage to bump up the performance a little bit.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:04:02 PM by Demian »

Allright, so we need giant castle doors. And 4x3 or 4x4 vent so our guy can fit. And arched doors. Mayble blockland-ized shouji (or whatever are called the japanese doors?)?

Mayble blockland-ized shouji (or whatever are called the japanese doors?)?
Already done, those are actually what prompted me to make more doors. I love them doors. Putting some pics into op...

Larger vent grate meant for crawling into

Tiny door (5x height, 3x width) meant for closets or abandoned passageways

EDIT: For the arched doors, make the top part of the blb in a way that would allow us to place one of the arch bricks on top seamlessly (provided the "legs" of the arch bricks are supported by other bricks of course)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:18:20 PM by Crispy_ »

Larger vent grate meant for crawling into
I'll make a vent that looks like the one in op. Obviously scaling it so you can crawl through.

EDIT: For the arched doors, make the top part of the blb in a way that would allow us to place one of the arch bricks on top seamlessly (provided the "legs" of the arch bricks are supported by other bricks of course)
Ah! I didn't think of that, thanks!

The pack is going to have almost 30 doors. Is this too much? I probably need to splits the half doors into their own add-on.

Splitting up is definitely a good idea. Maybe you could separate them by theme as well; I don't need futuristic space doors for my contemporary city builds.

A non arched version of this door would be nice too.
Also, sliding closet doors could be really useful.

Please, Do these. I'm making a lab build right now.

Like the other guy said, make big castle doors. I've needed them before, and I've seen a couple servers (including Wicked's RPG) making big doors out of bricks.

Will there be door borders with studs on top?

Could we get a safe door or vault door of some sort? If so, don't make them very large.

Like the other guy said, make big castle doors. I've needed them before, and I've seen a couple servers (including Wicked's RPG) making big doors out of bricks.
More giant doors.

These are going to be frameless 4x1x12 8x1x12.

Will there be door borders with studs on top?
I might make a separate add-on with door frames.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:00:55 AM by Demian »

blb doors or animated doors?