Author Topic: Sugar - Build Stealer  (Read 4225 times)

I think there was this one guy who renamed all of his add-ons so that no one could save his build

I think there was this one guy who renamed all of his add-ons so that no one could save his build
that's genius lol

Just an FYI Sugar is actually autistic
This very much

Sugar is on the more extreme autism spectrum. She's actually the little sister of someone who plays on here which I wont say.

i stole your family rp build what are you gonna do about it HUH

This very much

Sugar is on the more extreme autism spectrum. She's actually the little sister of someone who plays on here which I wont say.

Indeed she suffer from severe autism spectrum. I am not scared to say that her brother or "borher" as she would gladly say is infact Farmer.

Just use a bunch of addon events and bricks so if they try using it it will be broken.
Just use a bunch of addon events and bricks so if they try using it it will be broken.

Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes.

There's your answer.

There's your answer.
It's not breaking the game.

All you would be doing is copying all the models and renaming and packaging as a second addon.

It's not breaking the game.

All you would be doing is copying all the models and renaming and packaging as a second addon.
Basically sort of this.
Unless someone ever figures out how to make a thing that checks blbs and assigns generic ones to a specific datablock name pattern, this is actually already kind of a thing. There are like four different 1x14f plates floating around, for instance, and some servers even have more than one of them installed at a time. At least two are parts of relatively useful brickpacks, and at least one is just a lonesome 1x14f plate. I sure wish they shared datablock names but they don't and that used to really wreak my havoc.
Also note that they can probably take screenshots of small parts of the build, load it on their own with various different small brick datablocks, and deduce which of your "tweaked" datablocks corresponds to a given original datablock based on placement. Hell, if you make the names obvious in the slightest they'll just open the .blb in Notepad++ and do a find-and-replace with the common datablock name, at least if they like the build that much.
So even if you do this, there's plenty of workarounds. Another way to make sure your build isn't truly stolen is to hide an event or some print bricks on the build somewhere that display your name and ID, preferably somewhere unobtrusive.

Well Sugar never claimed that she built them did she? I mean there's nothing wrong with saving someone else's builds especially since that's one of the reasons the system exists in the first place. I'm just surprised that no one hasn't got in a fit yet telling everyone why it's ok to claim someone's build. huh

i feel like if you save something from a different server, whenever you load it it'll say something in the welcome message like "This build was saved from BL_ID [id]'s server."
that's probably impossible or something though

i usually consult with whoever took one of my builds, prove that it was originally mine and see if we can settle the issue if something like this happens.

it's when the forgeter gets all uncooperative and fling stuff at you because he can't handle the truth is when you go for the drama.

I'm fine with people taking my builds as long as they credit me. Most of them have non default stuff though so it most likely will load wrong anyway.

i stole your family rp build what are you gonna do about it HUH
Renekar delete it now or your also gonna be part of the drama

Well Sugar never claimed that she built them did she? I mean there's nothing wrong with saving someone else's builds especially since that's one of the reasons the system exists in the first place. I'm just surprised that no one hasn't got in a fit yet telling everyone why it's ok to claim someone's build. huh
my friend told me that sugar claims the builds as her's