Bowling (V3)

Author Topic: Bowling (V3)  (Read 7789 times)

Bowling (V3)

A while ago, I made this fully functional bowling lane in Blockland (Screenshot from V3):

Video (V1)
Download

V3 Changelog:
  • Bowling pins made with default bricks replaced with custom model (credit to Daniel.S).
  • Bowling pins now make the brick break sound instead of a beep when hit.
  • Bowling pins are fakekilled when hit (originally the pins just disappeared).
V2 Changelog:
  • Foul line added (Red brick that when stepped on resets the score and gives a warning).
  • Gutters now work and make the ball disappear.
  • Now it takes longer for the bowling pins to reappear after being hit (Originally 3 seconds, now 6 seconds).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:22:45 PM by Mr Queeba »

not really "functional"

sure, you can bounce a ball
but you can't actually get strikes (etc.) with no pin physics, and the fact the pins reappear after like 5 seconds, which ruins the fun with the game
also it is impossible to get gutters; it is even more impossible with the infinite rolls, which removes challenge

cool idea, anyway

not really "functional"

sure, you can bounce a ball
but you can't actually get strikes (etc.) with no pin physics, and the fact the pins reappear after like 5 seconds, which ruins the fun with the game
also it is impossible to get gutters; it is even more impossible with the infinite rolls, which removes challenge

cool idea, anyway
you killed my buzz.
Neat build, great concept. Someone should make a bowling ball/rolling activator item.

i mean i wouldnt really call it bowling, but it's cool
kind of like a flat brick breaker or something

The reason why the build uses the Dodgeball is because a bowling ball does not exist in Blockland yet. I may work on this sometime in the future and make the pins disappear slower as well as make the gutter work. Also, is it a good idea to make a foul line, so when you step on the line it clears the score and gives a warning?
EDIT: Build updated to V2.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:18:40 PM by Mr Queeba »

Cool idea, while you're making an improved version of this you could also take the version you have right now and maybe turn it into a target shooting game or something similar. You know sort take advantage of the something that acts similar to another thing to make it that other thing.

"COUSIN, LET'S GO BOWLING!"

The reason why the build uses the Dodgeball is because a bowling ball does not exist in Blockland yet. I may work on this sometime in the future and make the pins disappear slower as well as make the gutter work. Also, is it a good idea to make a foul line, so when you step on the line it clears the score and gives a warning?
EDIT: Build updated to V2.

Why make excuses? Why not just do it?

I hate the look of them pins :/ I feel like i have O.C.D with this xD here i made you this

https://www.mediafire.com/?83b3mmvsxss877t
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:37:04 AM by Daniel.S »

I hate the look of them pins :/ I feel like i have O.C.D with this xD here i made you this

https://www.mediafire.com/?83b3mmvsxss877t
Thanks!