Author Topic: Xdere crashed a server  (Read 4619 times)

Ouch, who are you again?
forget you for using the "who are you" insult.

Xdere is known for using blhackSE as well. Just thought I'd throw that in.

forget you for using the "who are you" insult.
Not at all what I was going for, I just don't recall ever running into "Brass" and his BL ID is unfamiliar to me.

Not at all what I was going for, I just don't recall ever running into "Brass" and his BL ID is unfamiliar to me.

my IGN is paradigm.

Why are you all talking about him having Eval rights? You don't need Eval to do that.

"Internet drama and interpersonal problems."... damn, was that server crash that emotionally devastating to you?

"Internet drama and interpersonal problems."... damn, was that server crash that emotionally devastating to you?
well idk someone crashing your server sounds like a problem that's pretty interpersonal
also it's basically one of the worst things that can be done to a server

Too bad I didnt crash it then.

also it's basically one of the worst things that can be done to a server
Not really. If the gamemode is working right you can just restart it and continue where you left off.

The worst thing you can do to a server is install a backdoor and slowly ruin the hosts reputation/leave people with bad memories by sending chat messages, deleting a few things, etc.

Why are you all talking about him having Eval rights? You don't need Eval to do that.
Basically, to ban that amount of people, he got a console command that bans I'd 1-10000 from Big List O Commands, the t topic of which I will not link.

yea okay. last time I checked banning a bunch of people doesn't crash a server, unless you run it on a toaster.
Let me get it through your head
Pretty self explanatory, he lagged the entire server until it crashed with a command he inserted into the console.[/b]

Basically, to ban that amount of people, he got a console command that bans I'd 1-10000 from Big List O Commands, the t topic of which I will not link.
Please, stop.
Let me get it through your head
Really, stop.

He didn't touch the server console at all, as he didn't need to. He used his one client to send information to the server, which the server accepted.
for(%q=0;%q<1000;%q++){commandToServer('ban','',%q, -1, "Get Rekt");} will actually do the trick.