Author Topic: Xdere crashed a server  (Read 4672 times)

From what I heard you gave everyone free admin on your server, did you really expect it to go well?

"Internet drama and interpersonal problems."... damn, was that server crash that emotionally devastating to you?
yes because crashing servers is something that is completely acceptable to do to someone.

"Internet drama and interpersonal problems."... damn, was that server crash that emotionally devastating to you?
That's the purpose of drama, did you ever see something else.

Let me straighten a few things out.

I did not, and have never crashed a server in my entire Blockland career.
Cubed Root holds 0 "proof" that I "crashed" said server.
Cubed Root was merely a guest on said server, the host is Va11jr.
Banning people  ≠ Server crashing.

Basically, to ban that amount of people, he got a console command that bans I'd 1-10000 from Big List O Commands, the t topic of which I will not link.
so he's a skid?

but doesnt banning the entire list forever and ever eventually lag the server and kill it

Please, stop.Really, stop.

He didn't touch the server console at all, as he didn't need to. He used his one client to send information to the server, which the server accepted.
for(%q=0;%q<1000;%q++){commandToServer('ban','',%q, -1, "Get Rekt");} will actually do the trick.
We didn't say that. Or at least I didn't mean it. I know of the commandtoserver(); command, and that is how I was trying to explain.

I wouldn't say he got it from the "Big List O Commands" topic though. Anybody who has an ounce of scripting experience, or at least in torquestuff, can figure out that's how it works. This isn't anything new, and can easily be prevented with a simple server-sided code.

but doesnt banning the entire list forever and ever eventually lag the server and kill it
In short, No.
Although the conjecture that has been dispersed among this topic would certainly lead you to believe otherwise.

It doesn't even forgetin matter if he crashed it or not. I'm banning him anyways.

lmao what

Let me straighten a few things out.

Cubed Root holds 0 "proof" that I "crashed" said server.
Cubed Root was merely a guest on said server, the host is Va11jr.

So why did you do it?

In short, No.
Although the conjecture that has been dispersed among this topic would certainly lead you to believe otherwise.
Actually it can do eventually.

Actually it can do eventually.
Literally anything that echoes to the console can kill the server. eventually. After the console log gets to over 4 gigabytes in size. It's all a matter of how long it takes.