Demian's Doors [32 doors | 8 add-ons]

Author Topic: Demian's Doors [32 doors | 8 add-ons]  (Read 32118 times)

and have the Doors playing in the background
Narrated by Doorman

I'm looking forward to seeing some bi-fold doors if you planned on any.

What about a spiral door? Maybe 8 by whatever the 8 cubes for modter are in height.

No glass sliding doors?
Good point. Coming up!
I'm also splitting the sliding doors into their own add-on.

by the way, i think you should change the fact that curtains cannot be attached to the floor. i don't know if this is a mistake, but i'm assuming they can only attach from the top? unnecessary, to be honest. i just wanted to test them out and they kept giving me a "float" error.
Huh you're right. I suppose I've turned off my errors or something but I was able to plant the curtains just fine on the ground as you can see in the screenshot.

OT: These doors look great so far! Nice work! You should make giant palace doors, for the lolz.
All the palace doors I found looked like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Royal_Palace_door_in_Fez_Morocco.jpg
Which doesn't translate well into Blockland. I'll look into printable doors though.

Could you maybe make a thing like the curtains that is a tent flap?  Or maybe just a BLB brick tent pack?  I've seen way too many stuffty tents in my days.  This could potentially change that.
Ehh, no thanks.

What about a spiral door? Maybe 8 by whatever the 8 cubes for modter are in height.
The problem with that is, is that brick doors have two states and an iris door looks cool because of the way it opens.

I'm looking forward to seeing some bi-fold doors if you planned on any.
Oh that's neat. I didn't know doors like that existed. I smell a new add-on sometime in the near future.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:21:54 PM by Demian »

The problem with that is, is that brick doors have two states and an iris door looks cool because of the way it opens.
Pretty sure you make it so OpenCCW is half-way open and OpenCW is fully open, along with some extra events to achieve its effect.

DOOR COUNTER

DATABLOCK COUNTER
compared to jvs? i don't like jvs, i'm just curious.

Pretty sure you make it so OpenCCW is half-way open and OpenCW is fully open, along with some extra events to achieve its effect.
Yeah you can do four states with bricks but eh. You still need 4x space around the 8x hole in the center for the iris bits to move into.

Make some sci-fi doors, like a sliding one or something like a lab door.

Maybe just big doors in general, palace ones were just an example, however it doesn't necessarily have to be like that, it could be like an enlarged arch door or something like that!

Printable doors would be great, actually, someone should make prints just for this if it is made.

Doors! Doors! More doors! Mordor!!!  :cookieMonster:

No framed versions?

Also, you should make the frameless default jail door line up with the pole bricks. The bars are off center from the stud at the moment.

Nicely done!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:25:27 AM by Crispy_ »

No framed versions?
Not yet, I either need to isolate the frame faces from the default BLBs or figure out a way to export an identical one from Blender. Either way requires redoing the model since it's smaller.

Maybe just big doors in general, palace ones were just an example, however it doesn't necessarily have to be like that, it could be like an enlarged arch door or something like that!
Oh yeah. I could totally make a single door fit the 6x space under the 8x arch. A medium sized door if you will.

Also, you should make the frameless default jail door line up with the pole bricks. The bars are off center from the stud at the moment.
I was unaware, I'll put in on my to-do list.

Nobody has ever thought of re-adding the bookcase door? If you want another hidden door, I suggest using the vending machine prop from the Decorative Bricks pack that opens at the front like it does in the beginning of HL2.
Edit: Maybe you can also have the door toggle drop a can of whatever. The CCW toggle should be the hidden door.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:40:39 AM by The Subject »

Nobody has ever thought of re-adding the bookcase door?
It was ugly and obviously not a hidden door. For a bookcase door you're better off just building it.

I'm working on some minor updates in the next few days and transferring over to a new fancy repository found at http://blockland.dataorb.net/repository/.

Just updated the frameless doors with the new repo.
1.0.1 update on all add-ons changes to the new repo.

by the way, i think you should change the fact that curtains cannot be attached to the floor. i don't know if this is a mistake, but i'm assuming they can only attach from the top? unnecessary, to be honest. i just wanted to test them out and they kept giving me a "float" error.
Huh you're right. I suppose I've turned off my errors or something but I was able to plant the curtains just fine on the ground as you can see in the screenshot.
TIL you can plant floating bricks on the slate ground (probably as long as the collision box touches the slate?).

Anyway now that I fixed this, I am not fixing this. This is intended functionality. Freestanding curtains make no sense. You're supposed to hang them from the top somehow.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:16:53 PM by Demian »