Hacked?

Author Topic: Hacked?  (Read 1887 times)

Ok, I launched bl, and hosted a server, and went to thirdperson when suddenly I saw my avatar was changed. Either someone got a hold of my key, or I'm being hacked.

/discuss ?

......maybe you changed your avatar without remember you did? maybe another resident of your household went on and changed it? maybe if you use steam and non-steam the avatars get switched around?

I wouldn't say hacked until you see something not letting you join servers, or even join blockland. But I could be wrong. What do I know anyways?

I didn't get any but this is what it looked like

......maybe you changed your avatar without remember you did? maybe another resident of your household went on and changed it? maybe if you use steam and non-steam the avatars get switched around?

I wouldn't say hacked until you see something not letting you join servers, or even join blockland. But I could be wrong. What do I know anyways?
I would never change my avatar to this ugly thing ^

I'm 100% sure character appearance get's saved locally (I don't play BL so I don't know for sure)
So something might have touched the file, which is possible. Files can come corrupt, it happens.

I wouldn't blame it on you being, uh, "hacked". But change your PW just to be sure.

Here is an xkcd on passwords, which I used (A lil modified, though, I have a wicked long sentence and random symbols at the end)

I'm 100% sure character appearance get's saved locally (I don't play BL so I don't know for sure)

I'm going to lay in bed and consider my social value for a few hours.

Avatars are saved locally, so this isn't possible. You either changed it yourself or have a crappy client add-on that messed it up.

what kind of client addon would mess that up

what kind of client addon would mess that up

you tell us.

what client addons do you have? should start with "Client_" and some of the "Script_" addons.

My avatar changes all the time, just change it back.

I'm going to lay in bed and consider my social value for a few hours.

well at least you recognize it

Avatars are saved locally, so unless your brother or someone took your computer (funny intended), you changed it yourself somehow.
The funky player script changes your player around, as well as another select few add-ons.

I don't play BL
then why are you here, let alone in the drama section

then why are you here, let alone in the drama section
Escapism from depression.
I used to be on a small 10 person forum, but that got shut down. I didn't have any place to talk to people after that, so I resorted to the most active forum I knew that wasn't FP, which was BLf.
And I know of this place because my ex, VinnyTheGuy, he showed it to me.
I have some interests for the game, but have no idea where to start. It'd be cool if someone showed me.

So I'm just kind of here for the community, which is often why I'm so mellow and try not to get into too much trouble, and if I do, I always apologize in PMs. (Most of the time without reply, however. Even though it happened merely twice)