Author Topic: Statesound not working.  (Read 3438 times)

So, I have a strange issue in making a weapon. The item in question is a pump shotgun. I have it animated, and it performs like I want it to. The ONLY thing missing, is the pump sound between shots. I currently have 2 sounds I use in the weapon. Here are the datablocks for the sounds. The particular thing I am working on is a pack of multiple weapons, so each of the sounds are routed into their own folder, simply named Sounds. Both sound files are named appropriately, and both are mono.

Code: [Select]
datablock AudioProfile(SG870CombatFireSound)
{
filename = "./Sounds/SG870CombatShot.wav";
description = AudioClose3d;
preload = true;
};

datablock AudioProfile(SGReload1)
{
   filename    = "/Sounds/SGReload1.wav";
   description = AudioClose3d;
   preload = true;
};

The names are self explanatory. 1 is the shooty sound, and the other is the pumpy sound. Now, here they are being used in the actual states.
Code: [Select]
stateSound[2] = SG870CombatFireSound;
stateSound[3] = SGReload1;

Now, here's the deal. The fire sound, works perfectly. Always. However, no matter what I do, no matter where I move things around, I cannot get SGReload1; to play at all. Even if I stick it in different states that make no sense, or rename everything, or any of that. It simply will not play. Of course, there are no other statesounds anywhere except these 2 listed. I've retyped it multiple times, and even renamed everything on multiple occasions, and still nothing.

You want the reload sound to play after firing, yes? Or just after the clip is emptied?

You want the reload sound to play after firing, yes? Or just after the clip is emptied?

No ammo system in place. State 2 is fire, state 3 is when the pump animation plays.

You missed a period.

"/Sounds/SGReload1.wav";

Becomes

"./Sounds/SGReload1.wav";