How was it?

Great
8 (61.5%)
meh
4 (30.8%)
bad
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: [v1.5] TDM Server Pack [Leveling Included]  (Read 7821 times)

TDM Server Pack
    Clay Hanson

I've developed a basic leveling system, with a bunch of features. Took me 2 days to write this, and a lot of it was trial and error.
    Features
    • Displays any player's level beside their names (In clanprefix)
    • Includes a basic /help command.
    • Includes a Vote kick command! (Super admins can toggle regular players using this by saying /toggle 1)
    • Includes a /level command! (Super admins can toggle regular players using this by saying /toggle 2)
    EVENTS
    • ifLevel - Output - Allows you to check if the brick activator's level is ==, >=, <=, !=, >, or <. It will then either return ifLevelTrue or ifLevelFalse.
    • ifLevelTrue - Input - This is returned when ifLevel's variable is true.
    • ifLevelFalse - Input - This is returned when ifLevel's variable is false.
    Commands
    • /privlage - Admins+ - Shows the currently enabled/disabled commands. (/level and /votekick)
    • /help <#>- Public - Shows a basic help command.
    • /save - Public - Saves the user's current level, experience, and max experience.
    • /load - Public - Loads the user's current level, experience, and max experience.
    • /setlevel <BLID> <LEVEL> <MAXEXP>- Super Admin Only - Set a player's level and maxexp. /setlevel BLID LEVEL MAXEXP (EX. /setlevel 15144 1 40)
    • /level - Public (Can be disabled by SA) - Shows the player his/her level.
    • /toggle <ID>- Super Admin Only - Toggles the ID numbers from /privlages
    • /votekick <NAME>- Public (Can be disabled by SA) - Votekick anyone except the Host from the server. /votekick "name" (ex. /votekick "Clay Hanson")
    • /yes - Public (Only available when vote is running) - Vote yes for the votekick victim.
    • /no - Public (Only available when vote is running) - Vote no for the votekick victim.
    • /stopvotekick - Super Admin Only (Only available when vote is running) - Stops the running votekick. Upon saying it, it will not do anything upon votekick end.
    • /storeitem - Public - Select items.
    • /info <BLID>- Public - Get's the info from the BLID's save file.
    • /toggleinfo - Public - Toggles whether or not you want the /info command to work on your save file.
    • NEW /afk - Public (Can be disabled by SA) - Makes the player go AFK. (In this mode, if the player kills other players, the player does not receive any points. And if any other player kills this player, they do not receive points.)
    • NEW /back - Public (Is disabled if /afk is disabled) - Makes the player come back.
    Credits
    Scripters
    Beta Testers
    Script Helpers
    Bugs
    • [V1.2] When you delete a save file, the system still registers the save file, and attempts to load it. Upon loading it, the user who has the save file will recieve no level, exp, or maxexp. If this occurs, just set their level.
    • [V1.2] The /votekick command's %client.voted; variable will not change the value back to 0 after a vote ends. I need help on this one.
    • [V1.3b27] The /store command does not change the player's datablock upon purchasing such an item.
    Changelog
    [/list]
    Code: [Select]
       Version 1.5
          Release
           -- Removed /respawn command due to possible abuse.
           + Repackaged into .zip

Dev 1
           + Added /afk and /back command
        Version 1.4
          Release
           + Added ifLevel, ifLevelTrue, and ifLevelFalse for the event system.
           + Major bug fixes

Dev 32
           + Bug Fixes

Dev 5
           + New /inv command for /storeitem - Major Development.[b] Not available for public use.[/b]

Version 1.3
          Release
           + Packaged into .zip

Dev 34
           + Minor bugfixes

Dev 27
           + Fixed the bug where you cannot vote after one votekick stops.
           + Added precaution; you now cannot votekick admins, superadmin, or the host.
           + Added a /store command. In major development.

Version 1.2
           + Initial Release
    Note
    The /save, /info, and /load commands both read and write from "Documents/blockland/config/server/levelsystem/saves/". Make sure your blockland directory is not read-only, especially if you host from a dedicated server.
    Download
    Get v1.5 here!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/j2646no443zigrk/server_level.zip
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:44:13 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

is "/privlage" spelled wrong on accident in the topic

Nice, seems great, but I don't know how I feel about vote kick being enabled by default, if the admin becomes inactive its like a double edged sword It can do good but bad if used incorrectly.

Other than that its great.
    Also you should make the poll simplified, many people will just vote the most funny answer or the least rational one for fun.

Nice, seems great, but I don't know how I feel about vote kick being enabled by default, if the admin becomes inactive its like a double edged sword It can do good but bad if used incorrectly.

Other than that its great.
    Also you should make the poll simplified, many people will just vote the most funny answer or the least rational one for fun.
    In my experience, the Votekick is auto disabled until you say /toggle 2 as an SA. Also, In the next update (v1.3), I will make it so admins and up cannot be votekicked. Or, you can just do /stopvotekick
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:36:25 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

Please reply and vote! Let me know what you think

can you make saving and loading automatic?

can you make saving and loading automatic?
    It is. When you kill someone/get a level up, your file saves. You can confirm this by looking into the console. It should say something along the lines of
    <name> Saved his/her file..
    Due to this, saving upon leaving is not needed, since you can just say /save, and it saves auto whenever something effects your exp. (Excluding /setlevel)
    Loading is automatic; Upon joining, if you do not have a save file, it will set your exp to 0, maxexp to 40, and level to 1. It will then save. If you already HAVE a save file, it will load it.

You can also edit the save files. Here is the format it saves in:

(DOCUMENT NAME:) <blid>.txt
    (CONTENTS BELOW)
    <blid> <level> <exp> <maxexp>
    So if you were to look into my save file (15144.txt (providing that I joined your server)), and I had level 1 with 5 exp and 40 maxexp, it would look like this:
    15144 1 5 40
    **Editing/Deleting save files is NOT RECOMMENDED. This may potentially corrupt whoever's save file you are editing.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:17:53 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

V1.3 will be released shortly.
    Please stay tuned.

New Update! Download now in OP! v1.3

Can you put some detail about the levels

Can you put some detail about the levels
    What do you mean? All the levels are the same.

you should get some events to go with this that check for levels before doing an action, or add a variable for VCE. that way it's more then just style points and can be used for RPG's (or other things) to unlock new areas, weapons, etc.

edit: idk if this is possible, but if you do add events, would there be a way to make one that checks for the average level on a team?
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:44:35 AM by Obliviongate20 »

you should get some events to go with this that check for levels before doing an action, or add a variable for VCE. that way it's more then just style points and can be used for RPG's (or other things) to unlock new areas, weapons, etc.

edit: idk if this is possible, but if you do add events, would there be a way to make one that checks for the average level on a team?
    Done.

New version! Major update, get the latest version!

What do you mean? All the levels are the same.
    what do the levels do to the player