Author Topic: Re: I have decided to change my life for the better (old thread too old)  (Read 2778 times)

UPDATE:
Nobody gives a stuff soooooo forget 'em
I just received a call; My hormone prescriptions are being sent to the pharmacy today! If I wasn't at work right now I'd host a server- maybe when I get home. :)

Original post:

Dear Forums,

Well now, we certainly have seen quite a lot of each other over the years, haven't we?
There are quite a few faces I don't recognize very well, many people have come and gone in my time here.
I've had some pretty incredible friends here, and my time playing Blockland has been some of my most cherished memories of my entire life.
I grew up with this community, its seen me through many phases of my life, and provided me a safe place when I felt I didn't have one.
My time spent here has been very, very important to me. You are all- old and new alike- very important to me, whether you know me or not.
Saying that, of course I feel it's important to let you all know- whether you care or not- that I have finally made a big decision.

You see, I know at least a number of you are aware that I have become rather feminine over time; the "Post real life pictures of yourself"
thread is basically a timeline detailing that change over the years.
Ever since I was a little kid I've felt strange about myself, like I wasn't supposed to be me. I felt uncomfortable in my own skin.
I was in a very Christian household at the time, though, and feeling that way felt wrong. I also knew I felt attracted to boys too, and that terrified me.
I was certain God hated me, I was certain that if I told my parents how I felt they would disown me- so I became very homophobic and I tried
to be as masculine as I could possibly be to try to make up for it.

It wasn't until I was 16 that I finally said forget all of this, I am miserable and I just want to be myself for once. I started dressing feminine
just to see how it felt and it felt wonderful. Not in a loveual way, but in a, "This is good, this looks good and it feels right." sort of way.
Eventually I started looking more feminine and acting more feminine until I finally came out to my family when I was 17.

Now, if you've managed to read this far, you've finished all the back story. Onto the present:

I'm 22 years old now and I've spent the past 6 years of my life thinking, weighing things out, contemplating, living in the ever-present shadow
of dysphoria and depression.
The decision has finally been made, and that is: I have decided to begin transitioning via hormone replacement therapy.
No plans have been made as of yet to work on the plumbing downstairs, but this is the first step and it'll be a doozy.
I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to set up an appointment, the process will be short:
The doctor sends me to the therapist, the therapist finds that I'm not a raging sociopath, the therapist says "Ok go." to the doctor, the doctor
writes up my prescriptions.

I'm extremely excited to get started on the path towards being the person I've always wished I was, and I just wanted to share it with all of you.
Feel free to call me a friend, mentally ill, confused, whatever you want. I've heard it all enough by now, you'll just be wasting your time,
so why not just click the back button at the top of the page instead?
Also, I only brought up religion because it was an important part of the story, I am not bashing religion or religious people; please don't argue
about religion here, that's not what this is about.

I hope at least some of you will be happy for me, but mostly I just wanted to throw it up here because I love you guys I want to keep you
updated on my life. Blogland Forums, yeah yeah yeah, whatever.

TL;DR: I am starting HRT, and I would appreciate it if you read the whole thing.

- Sincerely, your biggest fan, VH.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:10:57 AM by VerticalHorizon »

wish you the very best :)

Yeah, thats right. Show them testosterone hormones whos BOSS

You're super cute already tbh. <3 When I saw your photo in the post pics of yourself thread I thought you were already a girl with no history of any love-changes.
Old transgender me is super jealous of you, you go girl!

That's great!What?
I used to be transgender for a little while.

trust me,
this is prob the better idea for you.
if you think you wanna be different go ahead.
everyone has their opinions on their life and their lifestyles.

You have to be a special kind of attention seeker if one of your phases included "was transgender for a little bit."

VH was already secretly on my top 10 prettiest girls of all time list so no more pics of progress please I can't bear the confusion.

*insert snark here*

Your identity is not something you pick up and throw off. Not just gender identity, I'm referring to all forms of identity here. You don't change identity like you change clothes, pally, that's a recipe for disaster and could indicate some sort of deep-rooted insecurity about yourself. Either way, it came off sounding really really stupid here.

To OP, good for you. As long as you're certain this is where you want to go.
Personally, I wondered here or there a year or two back if I was trans, but I determined after a little thought that it was an idiotic "grass is always greener" mentality and I'd be no better off either way. You've spent enough time thinking about it that I don't think that will be an issue for you.
Good luck.

Wow already going nuts over me saying a sentence where people don't know any backstory of, cool. Go home.

Wow already going nuts over me saying a sentence where people don't know any backstory of, cool. Go home.
The way you put it was exceedingly ridiculous. Feel free to PM me the whole backstory (or post it here) if you think you were misrepresented.

Wish you the best VH! Hope it all goes well for you. :)

I'll try to get to your server when it goes up, although I don't know how the rest of today will go.

What if you're going under that transgender surgery and the surgeon kicks you in the balls before the anesthesia sets in?

Anyway, good job. You're a brave sissy for what you're doing.