ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1223586 times)

"Someone-"
I remember we don't have comms.
forget.
I try to get on a Typhoon's tail.

Bell uses her navigation lights to signal Sabre in morse code.
"[ PROVIDE AIR COVER FOR ME ]"
She salutes Sabre from the roosterpit and breaks off in a dive to open fire on the central group of tanks, focusing salvos on individual vehicles instead of going for a saturation attack this time.

I firewall the throttle and ignite the afterburners. I head to where I last saw the hostile AWACS. I grin manically, grinding my teeth. I hug the earth and just a few hundred feet. I scan the horizon intently, looking for the AWACS.

I note Whisky following me and his flight behavior. I head down to strafe the ground forces to give him some room to perform a firing assist.

I fire my remaining AGMs towards the closest of the grouping armored vehicles.

i follow suite and fire upon more targets with my two remaining AGMs with bursts from my AC5

The Tukreb goes out with a bang, but not before slowing down and getting too close for comfort. The Widow is rocked by the explosion, and left with no time to react I fly directly through the scrap cloud. "Woah, forget!" The engines inhale debris, while the right wing takes a hit from a few stray chunks. More lights on the annunciator panel, and more cries from Betty. stuff!

... But damn straight, we bagged that forgeter! "That's a splash! Good kill!"

Shortsword pulls up, flashes her nav lights in morse code and salutes. I respond with a wingtip salute of my own and fall behind to provide coverage.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:50:32 PM by NoZoner »

I try to get on a Typhoon's tail.
You are now on one's tail.

I note Whisky following me and his flight behavior. I head down to strafe the ground forces to give him some room to perform a firing assist.
I fire my remaining AGMs towards the closest of the grouping armored vehicles.
Lacking ARTEMIS, you are only able to dumb-fire your missiles to get them all off in such a hurry. That being said, you are able to finish off a damaged Defender and some sort of support vehicle.

i follow suite and fire upon more targets with my two remaining AGMs with bursts from my AC5
The two missiles knock out another Defender, while the AC5s do nothing but annoy the surrounding heavy tanks. Due to Tippy flying in first with her more durable and more difficult-to-hit plane, you don't take as much damage this time.

I firewall the throttle and ignite the afterburners. I head to where I last saw the hostile AWACS. I grin manically, grinding my teeth. I hug the earth and just a few hundred feet. I scan the horizon intently, looking for the AWACS.
Though it doesn't appear on your radar, you do see something in the distance at a rather high altitude.

She salutes Sabre from the roosterpit and breaks off in a dive to open fire on the central group of tanks, focusing salvos on individual vehicles instead of going for a saturation attack this time.
The rockets prove ineffective as ever against the Imperial heavy armor, but wreaks havoc on the "lighter" vehicles.

The remaining three Eurofighters go after Shortsword and Sabre. Two for Shortsword, one for Sabre.

I grin manically, grinding my teeth.
you better not be going off the forgetin deep end too
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:35:26 AM by Qwepir »

ptsd man!

Faw launches three AGMs at various ground targets, two at the column of armored vehicles and one at the scattered infantry on the battlefield.

oh hey what happened to blockguy's post at the top of the page

I grin and maneuver towards the object. The mirrors show a white cone materialize around the aircraft. It disappears as soon as it comes to be.

I fire an HSM at said enemy's tail.

part of me really wants someone to die on this mission
idk why

Faw launches three AGMs at various ground targets, two at the column of armored vehicles and one at the scattered infantry on the battlefield.
You manage to knock out an IFV and two medium tanks, but no infantry. Anti-armor missiles tend to not be so great against scattered footsoldiers. Returning fire from the ground lands a few hits, but nothing too severe.

I grin and maneuver towards the object.
You get closer and the silhouette of an AWACS plane becomes much more apparent.

I fire an HSM at said enemy's tail.
It goes down burning.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:35:38 AM by Qwepir »

I pick up three contacts on radar, closing in on mine and Shortsword's positions. One of them goes dark, but the other two continue towards us.

I get a tally on the one headed for Shortsword and fire my last AAM at it before turning on the bandit approaching me.

part of me really wants someone to die on this mission
idk why

someone's feeling salty

you know you can lock the all-aspect missile on the target from any angle right

To force the Typhoon to give up the pursuit, Bell does a tight split-s maneuver and heads back to the allied AWACS
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:24:13 AM by Operator¹ »

I select an HSM and wait to close the distance. The silhouette of the AWACS becomes larger. The HSM starts giving me a tone. It growls it's ugly, throaty growl. I let one loose on the AWACS.