ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1230492 times)

I ease back the stick and breath. The nose tips upwards. The Flak gun is hot, according to the display. I begin vulturing for damaged aircraft. Berezin is maneuvering to assist the hostile ace.

"Alright," I breath.

I'm overwhelmed with an urge to grin.

I begin a dive to Berezin, and fire an HSM at him. I pull off to regain altitude that I can translate into airspeed later.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:08:04 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

I drop flares, punch the afterburners, and turn hard to evade the missiles, then quickly maneuver to get on his six, and fire two heatseekers at him, while firing my LCP.

I push the power lever past the afterburner threshold and gun for the Nosferatu in the distance, pushing the Widow to its limits.

[assuming i'm getting closer now]

I come within visual range in time to see Hawkeye taking evasive maneuvers. "I've got a tally on the Nosferatu, going in!" I continue after Hetzer, hoping the Widow's low RCS helps masks my presence until I can latch onto his six.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:29:00 PM by NoZoner »

but the radar will spook him :(

It's highly likely that his RWR has already picked you up.

I spot Coaxoch and after checking my flanks fire two HSM and fire a burst from my cannon in his lead.

I lose track of paladius because some big palooza fired an HSM at me. I drop flares.

I swing around and return the favor with two HSMs and some AC5 fire

Bell swings back at Jensen from the corkscrew and fires all three of her AAMs and the autocannon.
He drops flares and attempts to return fire on you with his dual railguns, but one of them is destroyed by the incoming autocannon fire. He breaks off and starts hightailing it towards the carrier.
: [Onyx, this is Lead. I have sustained heavy damage and cannot continue the mission. I am returning to the carrier at this time. Good luck.]
: [Understood. We'll hold out as long as we can.]

I ease back the stick and breath. The nose tips upwards. The Flak gun is hot, according to the display. I begin vulturing for damaged aircraft. Berezin is maneuvering to assist the hostile ace.
"Alright," I breath.
I'm overwhelmed with an urge to grin.
I begin a dive to Berezin, and fire an HSM at him. I pull off to regain altitude that I can translate into airspeed later.
He either didn't see the missile coming or didn't have the flares to counter it, but either way he is shot down.

I drop flares, punch the afterburners, and turn hard to evade the missiles, then quickly maneuver to get on his six, and fire two heatseekers at him, while firing my LCP.
One of the incoming missiles detonates off your tail, not doing any severe damage to your main hull, but singing your engine a good bit. The Nosferatu itself has no difficulty whatsoever evading your close-range heatseekers and slipping out of your grasp as soon as you find yourself on its tail.
: [Come now, you'll have to do better than that.]

I come within visual range in time to see Hawkeye taking evasive maneuvers. "I've got a tally on the Nosferatu, going in!" I continue after Hetzer, hoping the Widow's low RCS helps masks my presence until I can latch onto his six.
However, it does not see what's coming.

I lose track of paladius because some big palooza fired an HSM at me. I drop flares.
I swing around and return the favor with two HSMs and some AC5 fire
One near miss and one direct hit followed up by a smattering of cannonfire sends the Rafale on the defensive.

The dogfight between Musashi, Yamato, and Paladius takes a turn for the worse, as he opens up on the damaged Sulla with his remaining All-Aspect missiles.
: Damn! Flares are out, G-Scram... still busted, attempting to outmaneuver... I'm-

She is cut off by the sound of her comms going dead.
: stuff. stuff. Does anyone see a chute?
: I can't see a thing, it's dark as hell out here. I think I saw the bolts go off though.
: [That felt nothing like the simulators!]

I spot Coaxoch and after checking my flanks fire two HSM and fire a burst from my cannon in his lead.
She drops flares and goes vertical.

Distracted by her worries over the well-being of her squadmate, Raiden Lead doesn't notice Holt lining up a shot on her and Coaxoch slipping out of her sights. He opens up with his beam cannon and carves into her backside.
: Oh fu- where'd she go?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:00:47 AM by Qwepir »

"GET BACK HERE YOU starfish."
I climb to gain a bit of altitude then punch the afterburner and dive on Hetzer, guns blazing, and fire off three heatseekers, using the speed I gained to get away from him and turn around for another engagement.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:52:36 PM by Gojira »

Faw fires four missiles, with each one targeting Jensen, Ansell, Paladius, and Coaxoch.

what about my post
i didnt see it oops
and neither did my proofreader
updating the update with a response to it now

bell checks to see if it's clear before she goes and leaves the AO to resupply at an AWACS