Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232433 times)

"suggestions Yukamo? The last in-touch experience with civilization was when i was actually a happy person."
: For food? Can't go wrong with squid n' stuff. Not actual stuff though, that's just gross. You can get some from a stall here.

Yukamo stops walking suddenly and starts fishing through her pockets.
: stuff, you guys use dollars, I gotta give you some of the local currency.

Taking out her wallet, she hands you a wad of Kintharian paper money.
: Go get something to eat, the stalls around here all have the menus in multiple languages so you should be fine. I'll go get our bags and meet you in the food court.

She points towards the food court. It looks like all the stores are fully automated, with either touchscreen-only inputs or synthetic attendants.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:39:23 PM by Qwepir »

vhat
put ASIMO (or rather, just its upper body on a track) behind the counter

Well stuff what does Helios have then?

The bots that take orders in a Kintharian food stall are "dumb" AIs and don't even acknowledge things that aren't relevant to their work. Their responses are limited to stuff like "Hello, may I take your order", "Our daily special is [variable]", "That will be [variable] moneys", and of course, "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that".

Helian domestic robots on the other hand are capable of human levels of intelligence. You can actually hold a conversation with your Helian robot butlers and whatnot. Helian combat automata are equally intelligent, at least when it comes to tactics and risk assessment, but have a more limited vocabulary and a few essential rules of robotics ripped out. For very good reasons, Helians have not attempted to build machines capable of self-improvement.

tl;dr Kintharian robots are mindless drones, while Helian ones are actually intelligent.

I walk around base for a little bit.

hearing about the approval to test the he craft I set out to get acquainted with my new aircraft, after being taxied out to the runway I begin to familiarize myself with the VTOL controls and begin a vertical ascent

I walk around base for a little bit.

You are called to from behind yourself, by a familiarly richard-ish voice.
: [Hey!]

As you turn to face Nagato, she shoves a bulky AR helmet into your hands.
: [Suit up, you fish-spearing yokel, we're dueling.]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:51:31 AM by xxxxkill »

Load Vortex Missiles and EMP Lances.

"[Oh, uh, okay.]"
I head to suit up, putting the bulky helmet thing into my aircraft, then get into my aircraft and start up the VR.

As you climb into the roosterpit of your Typhoon, a couple of Kintharian techs come over and hand you a pad, explaining that you use it to designate loadout. Because it is a duel scenario there will not be a simulated COMRO, so your munitions are limited. Weapon selection is not limited to just what is on base, and you are free to take a simulated version of anything because this is a duel rather than an actual training scenario. You are still limited by ordnance capacity and tier requirements. Once that's resolved, some time is taken to link up your helmet to the new electronics contained within the aircraft.

I pick out the PAK-FA for the duel, and load it with:
2x PPC for coaxials
4x heatsinks
6x AAMs
2x extra flares
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:49:39 PM by Gojira »

I pick out the PAK-FA for the duel, and load it with:
2x LCP for coaxials
2x heatsinks
2x VTMs
6x AAMs
2x Extra flares
you don't actually have the weapons and equipment put on your plane, you know

yes i know
it's for the sim battle if i'm actually doing it right

also when r u gonna update the number of kills
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:24:29 AM by Gojira »

Also, vortex missiles aren't available in the sim, since you can't exactly simulate their effects. It's one thing for it to simulate a hit from a gun or a laser or an explosive, it's another to create a vacuum and force a stall. That stuff ain't safe anyway.