ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232172 times)

oh okay
e2 then maybe? may be better to engage ships from long range

ships tend to have better weapon ranges than planes

plus you're giving a ship more time to intercept the missile
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:45:30 PM by Operator¹ »

right now the ESAM module is set to perk C2 and perk E5 so any objections should be stated now

I'm pointing this out right now, E5 makes missiles resistant to chaff and flares, it does not make it capable of maneuvering through point defense. You're going to be dealing with more point defense than countermeasures here.

Do I want AShMs and hope that they have massive warheads, or do I want a lot of AGM's.

I dunno.

forgot torcreepes were a thing

i guess i'll just need to resupply

Time passes, Yui recovers, Tippy still has no luck with the robot, everyone gets to see what happened to Kissinger, and you all get called in for a briefing.
: As some of you may have read about, the Imperials have finished the withdrawal from Taiton. It's taken the GTO weeks of constant fighting and cost over a hundred thousand lives, but Mercana is now officially Imperial-free. More importantly, the coast is no longer heavily patrolled by Zit warships, which gives us an opening for an amphibious invasion of the Huitzitlaotani Delta. A joint Kino-Mercanan naval task force is currently sailing around Malanta and preparing to engage a Huit naval group defending their territorial waters. Leading the defense is the H.E.V. Miquiztlan, some dreadnought boasted to be able to wipe out entire fleets on its own. You're going to get in there and soften up that fleet so our allies can finish them off.

He brings up an image showing the different types of ship that will be present.
: Priority target for the task force is the Dreadnought, but don't make a beeline straight for it or you'll get torn apart by the other ships, namely the frigates. Those are the fleet's AA guardians, and they're packing dozens of SAMs in those forward bays. I would advise you to take out a few of these first so you don't get swatted out of the sky. The cruisers and corvettes on the other hand, are likely going to be the ones hammering our fleet. Though not necessarily your priority, taking those down will make the squids' jobs a whole lot easier. The patrol boats are playing the role of light point-defense and pose almost no threat to our fleet or you, so you can ignore them entirely. Though they might get lucky and shoot down one of your missiles. Anyone have any questions?

Do I want AShMs and hope that they have massive warheads, or do I want a lot of AGM's.
: An Anti-Ship missile will cripple a frigate or sink a corvette with a single warhead, our Mavericks aren't that powerful. However, if the missile is shot down it'd be quite a disappointing waste of munitions. That reminds me, there will be a specialized COMRO ship in the allied fleet capable of resupplying torcreepes and anti-ship missiles, but it'll be quite a hike to get there. At least try to make every shot count.

also something i neglected to reflect up until now is that strike aircraft get discounts on anti-ship munitions
torcreepes cost 18, down from 25
ASHMs cost 12, down from 16
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:25:51 AM by Qwepir »

also bring plenty of chaff because that helps when you're trying not to get shot down

torcreepes cost 18, down from 25
ASHMs cost 12, down from 16
now i'm changing my loadout

now i'm changing my loadout
the j-20 is not a strike aircraft
it doesnt get the discount

the j-20 is not a strike aircraft
it doesnt get the discount
god damnit

The loadouts so far:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:14:51 PM by Qwepir »

hawkeye's loadout seems to have a jaguar now