ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232140 times)

Tippy drops her last bomb on the parking lot.

"Done."

" I think we've done enough, waste of munitions for another pass - we could use them somewhere else that's more concentrated another time. "

"I vote we drop what's left and call it. I've got moderate damage on the left wing root, I can see the new guy has an engine which is smoking more than normal, 2-2's fuselage looks like it's beaten pretty well. At least cosmetically,"

I prepare a run on the last AA unit in the second lot. I drop chaff and flares on the way in to forget with his radar and locking, and keep jinking for good measure.Two JSM's hiss away and trail smoke on their way to him. I pull back on the stick.

I disengage and turn towards base.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:17:33 PM by Gojira »

"Alright Marauder, you can start leaving the area."

Faw turns around and starts to cruise towards the airbase.

I also turn around and head towards the airbase.

While Marauder returns back to an airbase meant to handle heavier traffic, Mjolnir heads to a Rebel-held airbase near the port they're allowing the GTO to use. Compared to McNamara, it's rather shoddily-built and looks like it hasn't been updated in forty years (the TVs in the rec rooms are bulky-ass CRTs for crying out loud); but at least it's intact, unlike the one you just paid a visit to. Most of the personnel on-base are either Aesthian or Malantan rebels, the other GTO members having next to no presence.

What was that mission like 2 weeks irl ffs
/s

I take a nap.

What was that mission like 2 weeks irl ffs
/s

I take a nap.
only about a week
I take one look at the airbase after landing and all I can think is "I miss McNamara already."
I hope we still have our techs.

While Marauder returns back to an airbase meant to handle heavier traffic, Mjolnir heads to a Rebel-held airbase near the port they're allowing the GTO to use. Compared to McNamara, it's rather shoddily-built and looks like it hasn't been updated in forty years (the TVs in the rec rooms are bulky-ass CRTs for crying out loud); but at least it's intact, unlike the one you just paid a visit to. Most of the personnel on-base are either Aesthian or Malantan rebels, the other GTO members having next to no presence.
Is there a bar?

Is there a bar?
on-base no
nearby yes

I hope we still have our techs.
You don't. Not at the moment at least.

On a scale of Nagasaki to Los Angeles how intact is the nearest city?

the nearby city is marred by the fighting but has most of its infrastructure completely intact
there's just a building here and there that's had a shell or a rocket put in it

I'm somehow the last one to put down. Everybody else is already on the ground. I set the trim to compensate for the damage on the left side, then guide it in. The runway is cracked and looks like stuff. I pray that the engine isn't sucking in rocks and stuff from the deteriorating runway.
I pull into an aged and rust-stained hanger and turn off the engines.

The damage to the left wing root and fuselage is moderate. I sigh and inspect the burnt paint, charred and warped metal, and occasional bullet hole.