ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232388 times)

"I'd probably be dead right now if the enemy had more pilots like you, but I guess I've gotten lucky so far."

Bell moves to line up a shot on Raiden-6.

Despite having poor rearward visibility, Richard manages to snag a view of his pursuant and notices Bell trying to move in. He continues ascending, pulling into a loop to either get the J-20 to hemorrhage speed or to shake it off entirely.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:30:44 PM by NoZoner »

Bell moves to line up a shot on Raiden-6.
Sabre Base EV 73
No piloting bonuses or penalties
Test taken at 73
J-20 Base EV 75
Incompetence applies penalty of 5
Test taken at 70
Sabre rolls to pursue: 10 - success by 6 degrees
Roll granted by Supermaneuverable: 91 - fail
J-20 rolls to evade: 78 - fail

You easily get behind Raiden-6, placing her right in your sights.

Despite having poor rearward visibility, Richard manages to snag a view of his pursuant and notices Bell trying to move in. He continues ascending, pulling into a loop to either get the J-20 to hemorrhage speed or to shake it off entirely.
The J-20 is currently attempting (unsuccessfully) to shake Bell off its tail, and leaves you alone.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:52:17 PM by Qwepir »

Richard completes the loop, falling in behind and above the other two fighters. He moves into formation next to Bell's Sabre and tries to place the LCP sights on the J-20.

Bell fires the flak cannon and PPC.

Richard completes the loop, falling in behind and above the other two fighters. He moves into formation next to Bell's Sabre and tries to place the LCP sights on the J-20.

Sabre Base EV 73
No piloting bonuses or penalties
Test taken at 73
J-20 Base EV 75
Incompetence applies penalty of 5
Test taken at 70
Sabre rolls to pursue: 94 - fail
J-20 rolls to evade: 19 - pass

Raiden-6 is able to keep out of your sights...

Bell fires the flak cannon and PPC.
Shortsword already passed the pursuit test, so no need to go again.
...but not out of Shortsword's.

: Well then. Now that that's over with, I assume the rest of your squadron is ready to go?

"I hope so, because it would be a waste of time to come up here if they weren't."

Richard levels off his aircraft, slouches into his seat and lets out a sigh of relief. Steady in formation behind Bell, he looks out the canopy in the direction of the Kintharian element, mulling over the lackluster performance put on by whoever is piloting the J-20.

"Who's Raiden 6? New pilot?"

"Who's Raiden 6? New pilot?"
: New? No, she's been part of our squadron for a while. You didn't think we were only five people strong, did you?

"I'm pretty sure I remember Raiden having more than five people, but I'm not sure if I've actually seen her..."

Thinking about it now, Richard isn't quite sure if he's had any meaningful interaction with anyone from Raiden squadron before. He did tear Jacov free from Yamato's grip however long ago, but does that even count?

Putting old ghosts to rest, the instructor in Richard tries reaching the pilot in question.

"Raiden 6, had you turned a little tighter or fired an all-aspect while you had a good view of my exhaust port, you could've had me back there. Be more aggressive. Don't worry about burning energy or munitions if you think you can get the kill."

I sigh.
"Ready as I'll ever be."

Gus drums his fingers on his leg. He looks at the radar contact for the Wyvern anxiously. "Ready."

Everyone returns to their starting locations, beyond weapons ranges, and the fight begins for realsies. Only it's still an AR duel, so it's not really real. More like, for digitalsies. Or something.

Better bring your A-Game, because the two that Sabre and Shortsword fought were comparatively the weakest of the bunch.

"Hawkeye, you're with me." Bell breaks off from the formation by gaining altitude.

Noticing that Bell is making an ascent, Richard pulls up on the stick himself and punches the burners. The HUD altitude tape starts running loose.

"Might as well start climbing. I'd advise everyone else in the flight to do the same. Keep an energy advantage. Their fighters turn better than ours, especially the Wyvern. I don't want to see any single-ship attacks on it."

Richard warms up the multi-million-NAD microwave and starts scanning for targets beyond visual range.

NAD or UCD?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:23:22 PM by NoZoner »