ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232184 times)

Gus pops flares, does maneuvers, the usual.
Base EV 71
No piloting bonuses or penalties
Heatseeker applies penalty of 25
Flares provide bonus of 40
Test taken at EV 86
Roll: 6 - success
Test passed

You soundly dodge the missile and make it look damn easy.

"... Defending!" Richard's forehead gushes waterfalls as he asks himself just exactly where the forget did he go wrong to let the Wyvern lodge itself deep in his six. Nobody is free to clear his tail. If he is to last longer than twenty seconds, he must think fast.

Fast.

If the Sabre can't out-turn the Wyvern, it can outrun it.

Weightlessness takes hold of Richard's body as he pitches down into a steep, meandering dive.
You begin pulling ahead of the Wyvern as you head for the ground. Xiaomei floors it and dives after you, but the Sabre's speed cannot be matched by anything else present. Well, except the particle projector cannon that just glanced a shot off your rear upper armor.

I fire off an artemis assisted barrage of 5 heatseekers at the enemy squadron, popping off one single flare after I fire the barrage.  
Artemis only links up to four targets bruh, but close enough.
The four missiles fly out towards Raiden, and are once again dispelled by the G-SCRAM. However, in doing so, the last of its charges has been consumed, meaning the enemy pilots are now vulnerable.
Base EV 73
Test taken at EV 88
Roll: 46 - success
Test passed

And you evade the missile, though are now rather low on flares.

"Oh no. A missile."
I drop flares and start trying to chase Yamato, waiting until someone fires four HSMs at Musashi and forces the final guidance scrambler charge to fire my own barrage of one HSM per plane that isn't Raiden 6 or friendly.
Base EV 52
Test taken at EV 67
Roll: 61 - success
Test passed

The sluggish and heavy strike plane cuts it close, but you get out of the way enough for the flares to be a more enticing target.
You key your targets into ARTEMIS, and you find that the Wyvern is not a valid target, as it is not in front of you. It instead locks in Raiden 6 as its fourth target.
Base EV 75
Experience provides bonus of 8
Test taken at EV 98
Roll: 55 - success
Test passed

Yamashiro expends her last flare packet to evade her missile.

Base EV 75
Experience provides bonus of 4
Test taken at EV 94
Roll: 95 - fail
Test failed

Matsumoto is not so lucky.

Base EV 82
Test taken at EV 57
Roll: 80 - fail
Roll granted by Supermaneuverable: 7 - success
Test passed

Yamato dodges hers based on maneuverability alone.

Base EV 75
Incompetence applies penalty of 5
Test taken at EV 45
Roll: 94 - fail
Test failed

And Raiden-6 attempts to follow in her squadmates' footsteps, only to get digitally dunked on.

Raiden has now entered gun range, and Yamashiro and Yamato open up on their chosen targets with their pulse lasers. Tourist takes a hit to the rudder and the effect on his handling is immediately made apparent. At this speed, the incoming planes will pass you in one turn. Except Musashi, who ended up maintaining her distance in her attempts to evade the missile. She will probably remain ahead of you for two turns.

(gonna start keeping track of enemy flares as they use them, let me know if i missed one here)

PSA: Please read other players' posts and my replies to them. There is more going on in an air battle than what's happening to you, and sometimes important information is put in response to someone's action. (I know some of you already do this, this was intended for the people who seem like they just don't.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:59:33 PM by Qwepir »

Gus rolls left and lines up his sights on the Wyvern chasing Richard. An RGM soon streaks across the sky.

WEW LADS GLAD I CAN loving READ
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:03:52 AM by CypherX »

She hears a knock on her door.
Roger hears the noise behind the door.

"Tippyyyyy you in there? You've been a recluse for quite some time and i'd figure i'd check up on you."

DOG GET

Name: Jalko
Nickname: Jal
Piloting Preference: BITCHES
Backstory: Found outside the wire.
Description: Big dog, big starfish. Stubborn, does things you don't want him to do. He knows you can't do stuff about it. When jalko wants to play, he wants to play. He's a buff ass dog and he weighs about 220lbs, (English mastiff body and hair, wide jawed German Shepard head, ears, and coloring) Loose skin, no folds or wrinkles. Has slight jowls. Deltan Molossid; ment for tackling prey/guarding. Drools profusely at the sight of food.

Name: Talko
Nickname: Tal/Talc
Piloting Preference: BITCHES
Backstory: Found in the wire.
Description: Big, lanky, janky teddy bear. Believes he is a puppy. Talko is the size of an Irish wolfhound, with the proportions of a maned wolf, and the mane of a maned wolf. Colored like a Leonberger, except with black feet (a la maned wolf), has a black mask on his face. Eyes may appear to be an unnerving yellow from a distance. Deltan Bloodhound. His snout is long and his mouth unhinges like that of a thylacine's. Bred to crush necks and tear out throats. Has a tail, fast and maneuverable. Can jump high and bound. Not as rugged as Jalko. Big ears that move independently. Weighs about 160.

In defense of OP dogs: the deltan is op. Huitzitlaotani breed OP dogs to combat op deltan. Game is balanced. They both follow each other around.

The dogs are not combat dogs. They won't kill Huit commandos. Whether they can be let loose to stop you from being mauled by a deltan super panther or something is still up in the air.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:45:04 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

let it be said that jakko going and bringing home dogs was discussed with me beforehand, he's not pulling this out of his ass

Plot twist: Ralph's dogs

I consistently forget that Ralph is huit, and even when I do, it fails to make an impact. This is do in part to the fact that his name is Ralph and not something like Cuathémoc or Coatl.

At the same time, it could be said for many characters. Even Cassius.

Speaking of language, I have linguistics ideas for the major world languages, none of which are to be considered canon.

I consistently forget that Ralph is huit, and even when I do, it fails to make an impact. This is do in part to the fact that his name is Ralph and not something like Cuathémoc or Coatl.
Ralph's father was a strange man

Eyeing the mirrors anxiously, Richard catches the glint of an aircraft latching onto the Wyvern's tail. It's Gus' F-35K.

"Tempest, thank gods! I'm going to recover and continue extending back to high! Watch the bandit! If you can't stay behind it, stay above it!"

The Sabre pulls out of the dive, low enough to singe the treetops and fast enough to blast loose plant matter away with a resounding sonic boom! Vapor briefly shrouds the fighter in a cone as it transitions to supersonic flight. The rumble of the afterburners follows in the Sabre's wake, sending deep vibrations all across the jungle below. Richard pulls up on the stick and climbs once more, intent on gaining lost altitude and resetting the situation.

edit: forget i need to think this through more
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:06:51 PM by NoZoner »

Languages! *Alpha v0.1

North Aesthian: An agglutinative language, meaning that little bits of meanings are run together to make words, but the little bit's meaning is unchanged. Aesthian has a dozen or more dialects due to the various ethnicities that make up NAUC. Insults are mainly threats, equating things to stuff, godly maledictions and damning.

Huitzitlaotani: An ugly, polysynthetic languages. Polysynthesis means that many little bits of meaning are strung together to make a word, but at an extremely high rate. So high, in fact, that Huitizitlaotani has sentences that only have one word in them. The language has I huge amount of conjugation, which changes the verb of a sentence to fit the subject, such as a number of people or gender distinction. It is also highly inflected, so that nouns also have variations depending on number or love. The language has a large inventory of letters, and has a massive inventory of sounds, some of which are very exotic sounds that are most likely not found in other languages, including clicks(?).  Due to these complexities, it is incredibly hard to learn. It also has its own alphabet. Insults revolve around telling people how to go die in the jungle, or more archaically, equate them to the worthlessness of a slave.

Mercanan: Essentially Arabic. Like Arabic, it doesn't have the consonant "p", and makes up by having a few sounds not included in english aesthian. Written in calligraphy, right to left. Insults mainly equate people to animals or question their faith.

Kintharian: Read: Japanese. Complex honorifics system, gender distinction, formal and informal language. Subject-object-verb sentence structure. (**Subject to a lot of change**) Insults revolve around questioned faith and equating people useless things. More archaically (and questionably canon) equating men to women, and women to prostitutes. (Lead to believe that Japan has a very misogynistic culture that is well ingrained. Perhaps Kitharia adopted that and later broke it)

Imperial: Newspeak A blend of Latin and German with a touch of Italian fascism. It is a synthetic language, bonding bits of meaning together to form words, but not so much so that one word can formally compose a sentence. Insults revolve around degrading people by comparing them to second class citizens, or animals.

"Hey Sabre, I bet you're regretting having the fusion engine uninstalled."

I fire off my AAM at Yamashiro.

"... No stuff!... Total mistake!," Richard manages to force out in between grunts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:08:26 PM by NoZoner »