ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232417 times)

"Bye. I'll talk to you later Aiori."

Tippy polishes off the rest of her coffee lounges back into her chair and pulls out  her copy of "Guns and Explody Things" and begins reading.

Gus walks to Pagodin's hangar to see this "Vengeance" himself.
It's all the way to the back, against the side wall behind a second, stripped down walker. Comparing the two frames together, the Aesthian modifications have added considerable bulk, and the extra weight has forced it to adopt a more squat stature than the slimmer Huit variant. In its left arm it carries a missile pod, and on the right is mounted a cannon that wouldn't look out of place on a tank. Ammo storage racks creep up behind the arms and over the shoulders, the extra bulk there combined with the crossbars on the roosterpit glass causing the end result to somewhat resemble a gridiron player hunched over waiting for the snap. If you squint. And have a vivid imagination. Pagodin is currently yelling at someone across the hangar from the top of the scaffolding that provides roosterpit and torso maintenance access.
: No, dammit, leave the shells where they are! I don't even want to think of what damage could happen if we kept ammo loaded for any amount of time!

I finish my coffee and go see what I can help out with around base.
You assist in keeping the jungle outside the fence by killing some of the plants attempting to creep into the base.

Jaakko finds Jalko digging at something in the grass and moves to investigate. A few meters away, Jalko raises his head to reveal a huge centipede wriggling in his mouth. Its jaws snap angrily. Jaakko scolds the dog, but Jalko merely starts eating the centipede. The centipede has its head crushed by Jalko's last bite, and the centipede is more or less swallowed whole, albeit chewed.

Much later in the day, the planes arrive. Nagato goes looking for Jaakko to see if he's wimped out.

"It's still happening, should we get everyone, or can you not handle a crowd?"

: I don't want to get everyone's attention just for ten minutes of me whooping you. They already know it'll happen, why force them to watch?

: I don't want to get everyone's attention just for ten minutes of me whooping you. They already know it'll happen, why force them to watch?
damn

Ralph ponders if he should stick with his trusty Rafale or move on to something better.

"I need them to witness you agreeing to wear a jaunty hat and speak in your damned best Aesthian accent when I win," Jaakko banters.

I decide to watch the match between Jaakko and Nagato.

"Huh."
Ark's exhaust, they're huge.
that's what she said

"Do we need to get a notary or something?"

that's what she said

"Do we need to get a notary or something?"
she didnt say anything >:c

"Might be a good idea."

accepted, but you'll have to wait until after the next mission to show up
i hope that isn't too much of a problem, it'll probably only be a week or so
rn't u guys at base or something smh

Nagato and Crash fly out to their starting positions on the edge of Radar range and get ready to butt heads.

Going to state the cloak's mechanics here so nobody has to go looking. Cloaking takes its entire activation turn to take effect, meaning you can't just dodge heatseekers and all-aspects in flight for free just by switching it on. Once cloaked, however it is effectively invisible to visual, radar, and infrared for the first three turns. On the fourth, heat has built up enough that it is visible on infrared and targetable by IR munitions, despite still being undetectable by the other two methods, and on the sixth, you will automatically decloak. You may fire while cloaked, but this will instantly decloak you and you will need to re-cloak the next turn. Obviously, enemies may use this window to attempt to fire back at you if possible. It's an ambush and escape mechanism, not an "i shoot you while being untouchable" mechanism. Also, debating whether or not to allow cloak heat to be dumped at an accelerated rate at the cost of IR-guided munitions being more difficult to dodge while you do so.

rn't u guys at base or something smh
trust me, you dont want the next mission to be this character's first
everyone should make a loadout btw, and i do mean everyone
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:32:57 AM by Qwepir »

Jaakko Theme

"Hey Nagato, guess what!?" Jaakko shrills.

The aircraft is enveloped by the background, leaving only the thundering of his engines to betray his presence.  Jaakko's glass roosterpit switches to IR view. He changes his heading to sidestep Nagato.

Dueling Theme

"Hey Nagato, guess what!?" Jaakko shrills.
The roosterpit screens automatically switch from their usual display to a much lower-fidelity thermal as your plane drops off the light spectrum.
: Ooh, I'm spooked silly.

She adjusts her own course to avoid flying directly at where you just were, likely anticipating an ambush.
: It's alright, I can wait. You know where to find me when you're done hiding.

Despite her change in course, she is still on a heading that would take her closer to rather than away from you. You will be in Missile range in one turn, and Gun range in three.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:39:42 AM by Qwepir »